GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody having problems with getting parts from Electrical connection? Back in mid May I ordered and paid for the headlight cut-out harness and some connectors but haven't received them. Tried emailing and calling, but the phone goes into voice mail. I left a message, but no return call.

Everybody raves about them......but I can't :shrug:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I placed an order last night and will see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I placed an order with Electrical connection back in April...did not receive the parts ...canceled order a week ago...

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Geez...now I read the thread. I ordered an item 12 days ago, I've heard nothing. I emailed 4 days ago...nothing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
They used to post on here also. Haven't heard from them lately. I ordered electrical parts made by them and it took a long time to get them. It sounds to me as though they have developed problems and customer service has been steadily going downhill.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a good experience with them a couple months ago, but nothing lately.

Had a set of lights with some quality issues. Sent 'em an e-mail with pictures, they called me the next day to get my info and sent out a new set ASAP with pre-paid return shipping for the old ones.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Electrical Connection

Within the last month or two I ordered plug & play for Flash 2 Pass and plug in to bring power to trunk. Received both promptly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
No Problems Here

Their service was good for me. I ordered some electrical connectors on June 24th and received them within a week by parcel post.
Jim

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
This is Lewis. I'm down at wing ding with some of our dealers. I have been a little slow getting back on emails. If you call the shop at 865-219-9192, Chris or Phil can get an answer on deliveries. All the hid cutout harnesses have shipped today that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
528 Posts
When I called the shop (E.C.) about a week ago, I got a tough luck response from whomever I was talking to. I've been waiting for the Haloz lights since April 20th.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Lewis.Thank you for clearing things up.:bow:

I have called the shop many different times and always got through promptly.
I'm also smart enough to know that people get busy and aren't sitting on the phone waiting for me to call either.Things happen.

EC is no different than any other business.But what sets EC apart from the rest is the dedication and Customer service you do get from Lewis's staff when I spoke to them those many times .

Sending an email and expecting an immediate response if wrong on that persons part-It just don't happen!
Just because someone doesn't answer the phone because you think they should RIGHT now-Is wrong on the callers part-It don't work that way.
Leaving a voice mail,and expecting to hear back in less than 5 minutes,is wrong on the callers part-It don't work that way.

If something is broke-Lewis will see it gets done-Patients is a virtue Goldwingers! remember that.

When I read threads like this one thing comes to mind!
"You can please some of the people some of the time-But you can't please all of the people all of the time"

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Lewis.Thank you for clearing things up.:bow:

I have called the shop many different times and always got through promptly.
I'm also smart enough to know that people get busy and aren't sitting on the phone waiting for me to call either.Things happen.

EC is no different than any other business.But what sets EC apart from the rest is the dedication and Customer service you do get from Lewis's staff when I spoke to them those many times .

Sending an email and expecting an immediate response if wrong on that persons part-It just don't happen!
Just because someone doesn't answer the phone because you think they should RIGHT now-Is wrong on the callers part-It don't work that way.
Leaving a voice mail,and expecting to hear back in less than 5 minutes,is wrong on the callers part-It don't work that way.

If something is broke-Lewis will see it gets done-Patients is a virtue Goldwingers! remember that.

When I read threads like this one thing comes to mind!
"You can please some of the people some of the time-But you can't please all of the people all of the time"
Nobody mentioned minutes, or even days. The discussion involves weeks and months. I have had good dealings with EC, but I hardly think that Lewis cleared anything up. A week away from the shop doesn't explain a months delay. I never got a response to an email and it looks like nothing has changed in that area. Your standard "patience" reply doesn't seem to fit the OP's question. He has displayed it

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Nobody mentioned minutes, or even days. The discussion involves weeks and months. I have had good dealings with EC, but I hardly think that Lewis cleared anything up. A week away from the shop doesn't explain a months delay. I never got a response to an email and it looks like nothing has changed in that area. Your standard "patience" reply doesn't seem to fit the OP's question. He has displayed it

I must have a magic touch.Because Chris picked up the phone on the second ring at EC.

Call Chris or Phil and they will tell you what is on back order and an expected ETA on back ordered items.

Keep in mind this GL1800 riders board isn't the only place that does business with EC.They have a ton of other customers who do business with them,who suck a new items supply dry in short order,and if EC can't get more of the new item as rapidly as many of you think.You start to get mad at them.

BTW:
I called the Tech line number.try calling them again.
tech help: 865.219.9192
order line: 800.215.6168
facsimile: 865.219.9292

Sammy.Trust me I know patients.My bike has been in the shop for 4 montrhs now and they still don't have a "Give me back my bike" date yet.So don't complain about a part.At least you can RIDE!.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Suggestion--
Put a auto reply on your email system explaining your situation . Out of office, delays,vacation etc
Then customers will get that email and know the situation right away and won't be wondering why they didn't get a reply right away.

This is Lewis. I'm down at wing ding with some of our dealers. I have been a little slow getting back on emails. If you call the shop at 865-219-9192, Chris or Phil can get an answer on deliveries. All the hid cutout harnesses have shipped today that I'm aware of.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I have had a couple of similar issues with EC in the past, but overall, I have been very pleased with their products and their service. One was over a power fuse splitter that broke and they did not have a replacement. I never did hear back on that one. It was not a huge deal, so I just blew it off.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts