GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Excellent video Fred! Have you had an opportunity to ride with them at night yet? Thank you for posting this as a public video.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Looks like Lewis has done well. Very good video too, thanks.

Fred, once you get to try these thoroughly, can you provide a review? Are they really "fog" lamps for fog and dark rain riding, or are they really best described as "See me" lights, or maybe "driving or distance" lights. I have the Honda lights and they seem to mostly be "See me" lights. I wonder if Lewis can come up with some with the bright yellow "chromatic" lens or the amber ones if they are "See me" or "fog".

prs

·
Registered
794 Posts

Fred, once you get to try these thoroughly, can you provide a review? Are they really "fog" lamps for fog and dark rain riding, or are they really best described as "See me" lights, or maybe "driving or distance" lights. I have the Honda lights and they seem to mostly be "See me" lights. I wonder if Lewis can come up with some with the bright yellow "chromatic" lens or the amber ones if they are "See me" or "fog".

prs

Ummmmm....did you check the EC website for answers to your questions?

:shrug:

https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/honda-goldwing-tour-foglight-kit/

Reactions: Pigeon Roost

·
Registered
440 Posts
Indeed an excellent video. I am not technical, that is why I had my Honda fog lights installed by experienced GoldWing mechanic. But with this type of video with detail how to remove/install parts I think I could do it next time myself.

I also like the adjustability of the EC lights and the trim on the fog light cover, which gives a more cleaner look then the Honda solution with the foam trim. So when I will trade in about 2 years, I most likely will go for the EC lights.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
No. But, I was not intending to be lazy; just participating in the discussion here in a constructive manner. Plus, I have confidence in Mr. Harmon as a fair and thorough reviewer. I did follow the nice link you provided, but the answers seemed to have evaded my brief scan.

prs

·
Vendor
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

prs

PRS, while these do indeed add to front visibility in the daytime, I'd say these are more of a true fog light. There is a mask installed in them that keeps the light focused down lower, and it's probably a good thing, because their intensity is extremely bright. Without it, you might risk blinding traffic, especially at night. I believe Lewis is working on amber lens covers for them.

I haven't ridden with them at night yet, but overall, I'm real impressed with them.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
EC said theyd be coming out with some more powerful "driving " lights a few weeks back. They dont use the OEM button, which sucks, because theyre adjustable??? Great video Fred, as always. seems like an easy enough task. ill be tackling it this summer.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Thank you Fred! I have had very good service from EC products in the past.

prs

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
EC said theyd be coming out with some more powerful "driving " lights a few weeks back. They dont use the OEM button, which sucks, because theyre adjustable??? Great video Fred, as always. seems like an easy enough task. ill be tackling it this summer.
If you are talking about the video lights they do come with the OEM type switch.....I for one would like to know if EC is coming out with pure driving lights.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
If you are talking about the video lights they do come with the OEM type switch.....I for one would like to know if EC is coming out with pure driving lights.
no, i am talking about driving down a country road and illuminating the road and sides for deer, kind of lights. lol

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
no, i am talking about driving down a country road and illuminating the road and sides for deer, kind of lights. lol

LOL.....I didn't get that from your post, from my experience the fog lights do that fairly well.

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I had the opportunity to see Lewis install them in person on a friends bike in Daytona today, they look sharp

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone install these lights with the Goldstrike tie down brackets? Both use the same top mounting hole and the tie down bracket has to mount to the frame which pushes the light out the thickness of the bracket. Just got both and in the process of installing and hoping they both will fit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Installed them last week. Straight forward instructions. As always, be gentle with the Tupperware. I like the fit and finish, but have not ridden at night yet, as the deer are prancing. Clever idea with the rubber trim piece.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well, I received an email that they were out of the brackets at present. Said they should have some this week. I'm looking forward to installing these lights. I watched the video and like everything I've seen (except the price, of course).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts