GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of putting on the EC heated grips. The directions really don't cover 2006+ models, so I get the feeling I'm tearing into certain things for nothing. Like the electrical connection boot on the right side by the glove box key. I guess there is no power connection there?? So I have this 06+ accessory harness that is suppose to hook up on the left side and then run power to the right side, but there are no instructions for doing this and running the wire.

Also, the directions say that I should have two connectors under the plastic tree cover that the grips plug into. Do I?

It's just really tough to tell what part of the directions I should follow and which ones I shouldn't because little of them deal with the newer models.

I just don't want to go tugging on wires and risk breaking things that don't need to be taken off.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Russ

·
Registered
741 Posts
I talked with EC a while back about the instructions being less than adequate. They apoligized and said they would review them.

The power connector on the '06 and up is located below and just right of the ignition switch, under the shelter. You can just raise the shelter up on the front right without removing it. The conncector is red.

When you run the power harness up to the top of the triple tree, at the base of the bars, it will plug into each connector from the grip heaters. Its been a while since I did this so my memory is fuzzy. My memory is always fuzzy. Hope this helps. Roy

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man,
It's all pretty much done now and that's what I did. I called EC several times today and spoke with two of their guys...neither one actually being Lewis. Neither of them could help, so I went searching for the wire you speak of from a post from "Tulsa." Found it with no problem.

I guess I was trying to avoid the whole top shell thing, but it wasn't bad AT ALL...actually kind of easy...and nothing broke!!

This forum is a real life saver...and it's open 24/7.

Thanks again,
Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts