GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered heated grips from Electrical Connection for my 2003 GoldWing several months ago, I was told that they were having some changes made to the new version, and that they would be available again soon.

A few months and many phone calls and email messages later, I am still unable to learn when or if the heated grips will once again be available.

Has anyone been able to get an answer (or grips!) from Electrical Connection since February?

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
I know the exact reason and it was easy to get the answer. All it took was a phone call.

Since it's not exactly the time of year where heated grips are needed, Lewis has put the controller boards for the heated grips on the back burner to concentrate on more needed products right now, specifically trailer relay boards and battery monitor boards.

The company that makes these boards are currently turning out about 150 boards a week for E/C and Lewis is trying to fill a lot of existing back orders. As soon has he can get caught up, he'll get to the heated grips.

He has hired a new tech to build and ship more products but the biggest issues is getting parts he needs to build the various components.

It's amazing what information you can collect by making a simple phone call. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your inconsiderate, somewhat ignorant response to my post, Bartman.

Had you read my post, you might have noticed that I had called and emailed Electrical Connection repeatedly, even sending email messages to a personal email address Electrical Connection had given me.

Despite about seven phone calls and four email messages, some as recent as last week and yesterday, no one at Electrical Connection would tell me anything other than the product was not available.

Perhaps you have some special powers of coercing answers from Electrical Connection. Without those special powers, I, over the past four months, had been unable to receive a response to my simple question.

I thank you for using your special powers to obtain this information on my behalf, even if you couldn't be bothered to read all of my post.

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Thank you for your inconsiderate, somewhat ignorant response to my post, Bartman.

Had you read my post, you might have noticed that I had called and emailed Electrical Connection repeatedly, even sending email messages to a personal email address Electrical Connection had given me.

Despite about seven phone calls and four email messages, some as recent as last week and yesterday, no one at Electrical Connection would tell me anything other than the product was not available.

Perhaps you have some special powers of coercing answers from Electrical Connection. Without those special powers, I, over the past four months, had been unable to receive a response to my simple question.

I thank you for using your special powers to obtain this information on my behalf, even if you couldn't be bothered to read all of my post.
I did read your post.

Evidently, you're communication skills are somewhat lacking. I made a call, asked to speak to Lewis and asked his what was going on. No special powers. :shrug:

I find it hard to believe that you couldn't get an answer in 4 months, yet I got one in five minutes and again, all I did was make a quick phone call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts