GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to locate the electrical connection under the right fairing pocket. I would l;ike to use this to connect a voltmeter. Do all 1800's have this connection? I have an'02. What am I looking for? Thanks for your help.

Howie

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
It is there. You might want to take off the speaker grill and look down there and also thru the mirror boot. This one is white in color.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Electrical connection under the right fairing pocket

Howie - I installed a voltmeter in this same location and would suggest you run wires from a power strip that you locate under the seat. There are power wires near the right pocket too, but I wanted to centrally control all my power accessory additions.

One other suggestion that has worked well for me was to have 8 inch wires running from your voltmeter (usually 3, one positive, one negative, and a power connection for your llght) that you can detach with male/female adaptor connections to your main lines since you'll find you will remove this panel from time to time and this makes it far easier. Pretty simple installation and you'll appreciate having the voltmeter.

DaleC

·
Registered
891 Posts
Howie

Look in the right pocket for a black boot with a bunch of wire in it,you will find a plug,that is for the heated grips,I cut the plug off and butt spliced their.

G

·
Sandman, don't give up - it's there. Try looking way up to the right, near the mirror. Even with my top shelter off, I had a difficult time finding mine.

Regards..........Bill 8)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I had too look for that on my '02 when installing heated grips. It is shoved way up there between the mirror and the speaker. You can get to it without removing the shelter if you are persistent and very patient. I had to use a mirror and flashlight to locate it through the pocket opening then just stick my hand in there and feel around till I got it pulled out enough to work with. It doesn't move too far. Maybe an inch or two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts