GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the fog lights to my wife's 2018 Base Goldwing. It was maybe the easiest upgrade I have done besides a cup holder. It took me about an hour but that is because I was extra diligent on cleaning up the cowl. One thing to note. When you use the shortcut for the Top Shelter or remove the top shelter. You have to be very careful when you push the tabs back in. If they are not lined up perfectly you will break off the female side of the attachment. I did and it was not fun. I hope to fix it soon I was lucky enough to find the piece and I will have to figure out a repair for it. You can not tell unless you pull on the right side of the top shelf. (Don't any of you tell my wife LOL) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know it was very easy. Fred's video was spot on. My Factory harness connector was very short. Took me some time to get it connected. But besides that it was very easy. I had it on the lift table so it did make it much easier to have it at Face level. When on my caster wheeled stool.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm sure she will appreciate the extra lighting.
As for the tab I've had good luck using PLASTEX to do plastic repairs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that tip. I have never heard of that. I usually use either Gorilla 2 part epoxy or Gorilla Superglue. I even add some fiberglass sometimes. Yeah, she loves it. I just got the bike for her last week. It was a gift for her second clean Cat Scan from cancer last year. I would have gotten it for her for the first one but she was still weak and WE were still paying bills from treatment. But she is very happy. It is a Pearl Stallion Brown (Should have fired whoever came up with that name) We call it molten copper. The wife named her Penny.

Thanks again I will look for the PLASTEX see if I can find it and give it a shot.

UPDATE That stuff looks cool I ordered it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for that tip. I have never heard of that. I usually use either Gorilla 2 part epoxy or Gorilla Superglue. I even add some fiberglass sometimes. Yeah, she loves it. I just got the bike for her last week. It was a gift for her second clean Cat Scan from cancer last year. I would have gotten it for her for the first one but she was still weak and WE were still paying bills from treatment. But she is very happy. It is a Pearl Stallion Brown (Should have fired whoever came up with that name) We call it molten copper. The wife named her Penny.

Thanks again I will look for the PLASTEX see if I can find it and give it a shot.

UPDATE That stuff looks cool I ordered it.
AHH!!! What a great name. Penny!!!! Perfect! I fell in love with this color when I first saw the bike at the Chicago bike show back in 2019. Knew I was going to get one at some point.. Dang. I can't use that name now... Are the lights pretty bright? Trying to decide which foglights to get for mine...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHH!!! What a great name. Penny!!!! Perfect! I fell in love with this color when I first saw the bike at the Chicago bike show back in 2019. Knew I was going to get one at some point.. Dang. I can't use that name now... Are the lights pretty bright? Trying to decide which foglights to get for mine...
"AHH!!! What a great name. Penny!!!! Perfect! I fell in love with this color when I first saw the bike at the Chicago bike show back in 2019. Knew I was going to get one at some point.. Dang. I can't use that name now... Are the lights pretty bright? Trying to decide which foglights to get for mine... "

Thank you. I say if you like the name you can use it. I am sure she is not the only Penny.
And yes the lights are very bright. I read 1200 lumens each. They are flat and wide from what I can tell more than a spotlight. I have not had the bike out at night. Been cold and rainy.

BEFORE

AFTER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts