GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm in the midst of trying to install an EC power plate on my '06 Wing. Doing fine with the instructions until I get to # 10 and #11 in particular. #10 states "The main relay bank is located under the seat where the rider would be. It has 3 rows of relays with their functions printed on the top of the box. Remove the main relay bank by removing the screw on each side which secures it to the bike." I've done step #10 and have hit a brick wall. #11 goes on to say "Using the supplied wire tie, secure the relay to the post for the relay bank closest to the battery". Can anyone please help me with #11. The 'relay bank' appears to be sealed from the front and EC is closed on weekends. I just need to know how to connect the relay to the bike's electrical system properly.

Thank you very much in advance for your help! :)

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
What he's describing in these steps are a suggested location and mounting method for physically attaching the relay itself. With the relay bank released, the top of the support post is available. Do just as he describes and use the tie-wrap to secure the tab of the relay to the mounting post and then re-attach the relay bank to the post.

This is not the electrical connection, just the physical installation of the relay itself. The connection of the trigger wire for the relay is described later...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bless you Jon and thank you very much sir!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Bruce, the '06 relay bank has an additional row and the location of the wire for the electrical hookup differs from EC's instructions. Phil at EC helped me with my installation and it is working very well. The relay and wire you want are in the second row, not the first, and the relay is labeled with a higher amperage rating. The wire color is as per the directions. Release the relay bank by pushing the clips on either side in and down, and you will gain access to the wire needed for the tap. The panel itself is a very tight fit, and the side cover keeps pushing the top fuse out of the socket. Luckily I don't need all of the available connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts