GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After completing a timed slow speed competition which required a lot of lock to lock on the steering. Tail lights went out and when I tried the left turn signal the right turn signal light came on solid and when I tried the right the left turn signal came on solid. Checked the fuse and it was okay. The next morning no radio, CB or Intercom, stopped on the way home and when I restarted lost all my dash, no tach, speedo or instruments.

Any ideas were to start looking?

Thanks,

Lee

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sounds like maybe one of the numerous wiring harness's is loose or disconnected. I am NOT the one to tell you where to begin. If it were me, I would pull the center section off (like when you remove the top shelter)and check those harness's.

I know this is probably not much help. I would try posting this on the tech page. There are some pretty smart fellers that check that page and they can probably lead you right to it.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Lee, just a thought. I had some trouble with lights and such and pulled the seat and took a look at the ground wire that runs through the "Grey" 14 pin connector that is located towards the back, under your seat. It is a green wire that runs through the connection. Moine got hot, melted the plastic a bit thus seperating itself from a good contact. Just a suggestion to check.

I agree with Indy about posting on the Tech Board as well.

In my case, I just cut the greens, by passed the connector, and connected them. Have never had a problem since. My bike is an '01'.

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts