GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on the fuel injectors and ECU and all that stuff. “IF” you disconnect the battery for say a hour or whatever…will the ECU forget everything and have to relearn everything again…..?

Will having the power go off effect any of the memory related stuff for the ECU and so on....?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,199 Posts
No, there's no power to it when the key is off. You will possibly loose your radio presets, the correct time and I believe a few other settings on the nav unit.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it would have lost some memory of some things when the power would be removed from it. The reason I say this is I am thinking of pulling the battery out, not sure but I think it may have a leak at one of the posts as there is what looks like acid stain running down the battery from one of the posts. Now is it a for sure that the radio will lose its pre-selects...? Now the time thing, funny thing I looked on how to set the time and I did not find one, if this done for you through the GPS automatic.....or what...?

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
You WILL lose radio presets and time setting...

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,199 Posts
The Nav probably will reset it's own time from the satelite network. The 01-05 bikes lose their time and presets. The presets will hang on for a few minutes, but if the battery is out for any time longer than that, they have to be reset.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

Everything the ECM needs to know is stored in non-volatile memory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts