GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my trailer to test the lights today, had no brake lights. When I used my test light on the trike plug it must have blown a fuse or a relay. I now have no tail lights on the trunk, but they all work when brakes are applied. also none of the gages work & the reverse light is out. I tested all the fuses in the fuse box & under the seat. all tested good.
Does any one now where there might be another fuse or what relay to check? I have an 04 Motor Trike 2+2

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I hooked up my trailer to test the lights today, had no brake lights. When I used my test light on the trike plug it must have blown a fuse or a relay. I now have no tail lights on the trunk, but they all work when brakes are applied. also none of the gages work & the reverse light is out. I tested all the fuses in the fuse box & under the seat. all tested good.
Does any one now where there might be another fuse or what relay to check? I have an 04 Motor Trike 2+2

from this, (If I understand that the tail lights do not light until the brake lights are applied and then the tail lights come on bright with the brake lights) I would surmise you may have a bad ground. I don't have a manual with me, but I am assuming there will be someone else along soon who is smarter and better equipped to answer than I.... Hope you find your issue easily.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

I would call who ever installed the MT kit and ask them how they wired in the trailer plug to the bikes harness?.
They may have added a extra fuse holder.
Usually a fuse will blow before a relay.

The trailer isolation harness I have has a seperate fuse located near the battery.Have a good look around yours to see if you can spot a fuse holder in that area or near the rear of the bike where all the electrical plugs are under the trunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts