GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
J-mac said:
when you finally find the problem.........isn't that the greatest feeling :lol:
Well, yes, it is, but the way my luck has been going the past few days, I'm going to hold off celebrating until I'm SURE it is fixed! :lol:

What I'd like to know is why is it always the LAST thing you check and never the FIRST thing? I was probably doing it backwards, as usual. :banghead:

J-mac said:
I hope this solves your problem
So do I. :roll:

Re: Keeping fingers crossed

rottendog said:
What has been added to the bike? Start there. ....
MikeInWA said:
... the mechanic didn't get the speed sensor connector plugged all the way back together after putting the engine back in the bike....
I had to laugh when the answer to rottendog's question was finally revealed! :lol:

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Re: Keeping fingers crossed

All Boots No Saddle said:
rottendog said:
What has been added to the bike? Start there. ....
MikeInWA said:
... the mechanic didn't get the speed sensor connector plugged all the way back together after putting the engine back in the bike....
I had to laugh when the answer to rottendog's question was finally revealed! :lol:
Yeah, well, I took the question at face value and thought only of things that had been added, not what had been removed and put back! :oops:

Like Samuel L. Jackson said in The Long Kiss Goodnight: "Everyone knows, when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of "u" and "umption". :lol:

Every one of your responders had GREAT tips!!!

*** THIS GROUP IS THE BEST!!!! ***

These types if issues can get pretty wild.
I can't tell you how many times I have walked into a bike shop and helped someone who was awesome with the wrench, and lost in the wiring.

This group contains the best of both.

dw

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.