GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, I drained my battery early in its life by leaving the lights on and am fairly certain it will need replaced sooner than expected. That’s ok. The electrical gremlins after I removed and installed the battery after charging it were interesting.

After a night on the Battery Tender I put the battery back in, buttoned up the Tupperware, and was on my way. I the engine light burned steady but didn’t notice anything wrong with the bike’s performance. So, I pressed on.

When I got to my destination I shut down the bike for about 10 minutes and restarted. The engine light went away but the Bluetooth function was disabled. I shut it down against for another 10 minutes and restarted. All caution/advisory lights were extinguished and all electronics performed as advertised.

Thank you, Honda, for building a bike that works.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Just make sure that the rear wheel is completely still before shutting the bike down and watch for your electronics to shut off on the dash. If the rear wheel is moving the slightest then the engine will turn off when you power it down but the electronics will stay on, lot of folks have drained their battery not realizing the wheel has to be still.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts