GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time to mount my Valentine 1, XM Radio and Garmin 2610 to the new (to me) 2005. I want to avoid blocking my view of the speedo and other critical displays. Your ideas are welcome.
Thanks

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
electronics mounting

Your G.P.S. will be your primary navigational system. Therefore it should be in your line of sight. Common sense dictates that this is directly in front of you. Not downwards, nor to the left or right. Nor should the position of the unit vary as you corner.
Hense the obvious proper positioning should be in the centre of the dash. This way you NEVER need to take your eyes from the roadway.
"www.goldwinggadgets.com" makes a mounting system that is exactly that. A true dash mount.
Furthermore there is an option for the positioning of a Laser/radar detector, all of which is wired up easily via "kennedy electronics".
IMHO having gadgets placed on the handlebars ( no matter how they are mounted) looks totally "aftermarket", and cluttered in appearance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mounts for your radar detector, GPS , XM and everything else

Grumpy,

Check out www.mountinginnovations.com

We are an authorized RAM-Mount dealer and we have a mount for just about anything that you want to mount on your wing.

If you have any questions, or need some advice, you can call me at 512-699-8611 or e-mail me at [email protected].

I have a lot more products than are listed on my website. So if you don't see what you are looking for, please call me.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Here's one option (second GPS is optional, but highly recommended :) )

L-R: Valentine V1 on a RAM magnetic powerplate on the shelf extension (SmartTire display & LCD voltmeter are mounted on the front lip of the shelf), Garmin 2610 in the center and Garmin 376 on the right

The remote audio controller for the V1 is mounted here

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Grumpy said:
It is time to mount my Valentine 1, XM Radio and Garmin 2610 to the new (to me) 2005. I want to avoid blocking my view of the speedo and other critical displays. Your ideas are welcome.
Thanks

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
With the Valentine 1, is the remote audio unit required if using a Kennedy Dual set? I was looking at Jon's web site and it looks like the device harness will plug in directly to the V-1. Is this accurate?

Some help please, I am thinking about upgrading to the V-1 and am trying to understand what I will need to make it work.

TIA...

BAT

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks like that one is too much in the line of sight. I also noticed it use the Garmin mounting pad. Do you get much vibration from it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts