GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start this with a disclaimer.. This MAY be available???

A friend just got a police edition Electra Glide a great bike with all the bells and whistles. One bell that got my attention was the rear passenger controller. the passenger had a PTT button. volumn controller and they could change the station on the radio!

I had an aftermarket version of this on my 1500, but have not seen this for the 1800?? The wife really liked this!

Is this/ can this be available??

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I built just a tuner control for a customer a couple of years ago, but making these on a low-volume basis can get kind of spendy.

This was designed to use the penetration next to a Utopia backrest.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Go to Radio Shack and get a 2 pack of PTT buttoms (round or square) for $3.98 I drilled a hole in the right compartment and installed the PTT button and ran wires to the connector. Never had a problem, not even hard rain. I might have $5.00 in 2 bikes (2000SE and 2005)

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Behape said:
...the passenger had a PTT button. volumn controller and they could change the station on the radio!...
I think... if i'm reading this right he wants all three functions...I've never seen one do all three...

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Kiwi used to have that on their Voguer XII. Might be able to adapt it.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
gwlrhfarm said:
Behape said:
...the passenger had a PTT button. volumn controller and they could change the station on the radio!...
I think... if i'm reading this right he wants all three functions...I've never seen one do all three...
I think you're correct - the switch box I made had a pigtail that used staple taps to plug into the control wire junction connector under the RH pocket. This switch in conjunction with the Honda or Showchrome passenger audio controller would give you all three, but I've yet to see an aftermarket unit that was built that way for the 1800.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts