GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my new Garmin 2820 (Bluetooth capable) and am wondering about any new gizmos that would allow me to eliminate the headset cords for both rider and passenger and use something similar to the Bluetooth. I already have the XM Roady2 mounted and working thru the 'Wings' system. I haven't mounted the Garmin yet. Also wanting to upgrade to the Nolan fullface w/ moveable chinbar. New headsets will be bought for the helmets at that time. Want to find a way to go totally wireless if at all possible.........or even affordable. Is something like this even available yet? Or maybe this is a new challenge/project for Lewis? Oh L E W I S ????? Or J O N ??????? Oh, my 'Wing is an '03 GL1800.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Try a search... this hass been hammered many times...
(Doesn't exist yet!)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'll wait a few months and see what happens, if I don't break another pin in the cord end. Danged skinny little things. :x :x

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bluetooth is available for the following Nolan helmets:
N-102 flip face
N-42 open face
N-84 full face
Go to the Nolan site and they will mail you the information for the helmets and the BlueTooth equipment. You can get the helmets cheaper from Hal. I have no experience with the Bluetooth set up so I don't know what all you would need, but it looks like it will take about $250 per helmet to get you started (BlueTooth E-Box). I thought about it (need to think about new helmets anyway), but by the time I by all of the BlueTooth equiped stuff (phone, mp3, gps, etc.) I would have a small fortune wrapped up. I'm going to think about it for awhile.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
With the Nolan setup, there is no prevision for intercom or CB. You have an audio feed into the headset, but the mic appears to only work for your phone.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
With the Nolan setup, there is no prevision for intercom or CB. You have an audio feed into the headset, but the mic appears to only work for your phone.
Lewis,
I may be understanding it wrong, but according to the material they sent me the BlueTooth E-Box will allow you to talk from helmet to helmet (rider to passenger). The problem is, it leaves out everything you already have with the GL-1800; radio, cb, my I-way and it's mp3.

I'm planning to buy new helmets when Hal runs his next sale and that is what got me started looking into this. I will probably wait for awhile and see what else might become available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts