GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Rocket Man
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a ride for this year and our lunch stop on one day is in Elkins WV. Anyone know of any interesting, good places to have lunch in the immediate Elkins area?

· Registered
435 Posts
Elkins, WV

I too have eaten at CJ Maggie's several times and always enjoyed it. Send a PM to Italian Stallion. He is the WV expert on roads food etc. There is some great riding in the Elkins area.

Ask him the name of the small breakfast place on RT 219 south of Elkins
Gas station in front...hotel next door

· Registered
1,046 Posts
Take a big appetite to CJs, portions are LARGE.

Harvey
DS#30

· Registered
51 Posts
Motel / restaurant

We stopped at Elkins overnight last summer. I swear this is the truth. We stayed at a motel in town that had a 'weird' look to it (for a motel). The best I can explain is that it was a large, square, old building with the lobby built in front of it a few years ago. Around to the side was an entrance to a restaurant that was closed the night we were there. It had stairs that went down below ground.

We went to another restaurant in town (Appleby's or something like that). We were sitting at the bar, talking to the bartender and mentioned that we were staying at the motel and the restaurant was closed.

The bartender laughed and said, no one who lives in town goes to that restaurant! Why? She said because the motel used to be the town hospital and the restaurant is built where the morgue was located.

Yikes!!! As we went back to the motel, I could easily see the structure was and old hospital. All night I wondered who had been in our room years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.