GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't received any email notifications on posts since yesterday morning about 10am. Did my system hiccup or something, or is it a problem with this board?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
When it changed over to this new fourm format, I've never recieved a notification on a post I written.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
For the first couple of weeks after the changeover, I didn't receive any notifications, either. Lamont said it must be my provider. Then, all of a sudden, the notifications started again. Now they are sporadic - sometimes I get 'em and sometimes I don't. PIA

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it changed over to this new fourm format, I've never recieved a notification on a post I written.
When the forum changed over, the default setting was to not send emails. You have to go into your options and change your preferences to receive notifications. I did change mine, and I had been receiving them up until yesterday morning.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks Larry, I found it and made the change. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem. I fixed mine to, although it doesn't make sense. I could send myself an email through all three of my accounts, but nothing else was coming in. It wasn't just this board. I rebooted the computer, and now it is working. I seem to have lost all email in the past day or so however.

·
Registered
463 Posts
try to make the changes

Too late on the suggestions since the last two post covered it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Somebody must have just given the outgoing server an enema...

I just had about a dozen reply emails show up covering the last 24 hours or so...

Lance

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Somebody must have just given the outgoing server an enema...

I just had about a dozen reply emails show up covering the last 24 hours or so...
LOL. That was quite descriptive. That is what happened to me on Friday. I thought it was due to the reboot of my computer. But those were the last ones I received, so it appears I haven't fixed the problem like I thought I had. I haven't received any emails from the board since last Friday.

1. The only spam filter I use is the one built into Outlook, and they aren't going to the junk email folder. (I have this domain marked as a safe sender anyway)
  2. I am receiving emails from other sources through all three of my email accounts, so it isn't my email accounts
  3. Each email account has a 50MB limit, and there isn't more than 1 MB in any one of them.
  4. I have my mail set up on 2 desktop computers and 1 laptop, and none of them are receiving mail from the board, so it isn't a computer problem. I even checked my web based mail, and nothing there either.
It appears that the company doing the hosting for this board has a problem on their end, or there is a setup problem with the board software.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I haven't received any email notifications on posts since yesterday morning about 10am. Did my system hiccup or something, or is it a problem with this board?
I thought that it was my email but I have also not been getting notifications of recent posts. I know there is a notice contained in the email when you do receive it that you must visit the topic before any more emails will be sent. I always visit the topic but still no emails :shrug::shrug:
Ride safe
Dick

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Same problem here. Was getting email notifications up until Sun. and now they have stopped coming.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, well at least I know for certain that it is a problem with the website. Thanks for verifying it guys.

Since the new board came up, the board has always intermittently dropped emails, but this is the first time it has stopped completely.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am still having trouble with E_Mail notification. I have selected the option in my user CP. I visit topics often and must check each one seperately for replys.

Has anyone else been able to fix this problem??:shrug:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I am also having trouble with the email notifications. I was getting everything ok till about a week ago than it stipped..Checked out my settings and everything is ok...Been following this link to see I can fix the problem with out brothering the monster..... It seem some are having the trouble and some are not....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Same here. Nothing. Just started the last few days, but another one of those things that I just don't worry about. If it's a glitch then I'm sure it will be corrected in due time. Does make things easier when it is working:cool:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't want to bother Lamonster either, but he may not know about the problem, and he never will unless one of us lets him know.

I started it. I'll be the bad guy.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I don't want to bother Lamonster either, but he may not know about the problem, and he never will unless one of us lets him know.

I started it. I'll be the bad guy.
Larry...I believe I saw another thread about the email notifications and Lamonster posted that he was looking into the matter. I thought we would have heard something by now.

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Larry...I believe I saw another thread about the email notifications and Lamonster posted that he was looking into the matter. I thought we would have heard something by now.
That thread is this one --> http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205016

I was getting email notifications up until a couple of weeks ago, then nothing. I believe the settings are correct in my preferences, so I don't know what's going on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts