GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I avoid mixing grease with blood-letting as much as possible. Ergo I strive to avoid tooling on my wing. Not just because skid marks on my knuckles look unattractive, but also because I tend to have extra parts when I'm finished with the re-assembly [enter Fred’s video].
Thinking, "What the heck, if I only find confidence enough to change my own oil, eventually I'll amortize my expense," I purchased Fred's DVD set.
INCREDIBLE! I viewed the R&R for the rear shock and whadda u know. I removed the top shelter, the dash, the fuel tank, the ... While I was down there I changed the rear shock (Traxxion), the air filter, added handlebar risers, changed out the front speakers, found a couple of tools I had dropped some time in the past, removed the exhaust and repaired some damaged pipe, I'm thinking now about adding a Bushtec hitch while I'm down there, and the best part is, I have no spare parts!Whew, I AM EMPOWERED! and I attribute my fearlessness to having found Fred... and having him talk me through it.
IMHO I've made probably, one of my better investments. Thanks Fred.

·
Registered
124 Posts
frostkerry said:
Whew, I AM EMPOWERED! and I attribute my fearlessness to having found Fred... and having him talk me through it.
IMHO I've made probably, one of my better investments. Thanks Fred.
Mine came in the mail yesterday. I haven't had a chance to look at them with all the Christmas preparation, but I expect to watch them over the holidays. I know I'll be thanking Fred soon.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have had mine about a month. Moonaby thinks I am crazy. I watch them more than I watch TV

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think they are great too. It takes an enormous amout of guess work out of working on the wing. I found that if I double the speed of the DVD I can get all the info and get working on the bike a little sooner. It makes Fred sound like he drank a Redbull. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts