GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need some recommendations for enclosed trailers. We have 3 flatbed trailers that we use for different things and want to get rid of at least two of them and get an 8x16 enclosed trailer to haul the bikes and also at times haul our ATVs (up to four at a time).

What brands are out there and which are the most reliable?

We are going to look at a Pace and a Wells Cargo on Saturday.

Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
The Wells Cargo is a better trailer, IMHO.
I've had 2 of them in the past that we used for rallies when we first started doing rallies, the first a 20', then a 40'Goose Neck.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with one.
The Pace will probably be cheaper, and depending on how much you intend to use it, might be okay.
Unless they've changed, you'll probably find the Well Cargo floor supports and wall studs will be a little larger and closer together.
Good Luck
Allen

·
Registered
368 Posts
How do you put a hitch for a goose neck trailer on a Wing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your going to get different opinions from each person I would imagine. I shopped around before buying mine and asked alot of questions. I settled on the haulmark low hauler. Most of the folks that I talked to considered this brand to be the cadillac of the trailers. It cost alittle more than the others but when I looked at the used ones I found that they held their value alot better than the others in this area. I choose this model because of the lower profile. and I got the 16 foot because it will fit in the garage. Be carefull to look at the construction and the reputation of the different trailers. Also the undercoating used on the haulmark is suppose to be better and last ten years????? I have forgotten the brand name but the dealer I bought from also carried one made of aluminum which really interested me due to durabilitybut it had a much lower gvwr rating.

G

·
0 Posts
You may want to check this trailer out I have one and it is built tough,
Legend trailers Wapanucka Okahoma 580-937-9900 this thing is built like a horse trailer well not just like but you can tie anythings to the side, Give them a call.

mitch

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check these trailers out from H&H, made in Iowa. I have one of their singe axle versions for hauling my one wing, but their "bike hauler" hauls two - link below. Also, mine has the optional V-nose (highly recommend for gas mileage and extra dry storage) and 6.5' inside height. They are built right with most all the features listed by others - smooth sides, torque flex axles, yada yada.

http://www.hhtrailer.com/default.asp?pa ... bikehauler

JB - Austin

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the recommendations. We have look at the Haulmark, Pace and Wells Cargo.

So far, we have liked the Pace that we looked at best. Wells Cargo did not have a model for us to look at. They had a 7x14 that was one of their cheaper models, and the Pace was much better.

Haulmark also had the cheaper model and there were spots you could see daylight thru the seams. Not very water tight and definitely not impressive.

We have bids out for the trailer with options to all three and will see how they come back.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts