GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate any advice about where to look for an enclosed trialer that will accomodate the goldwing and some other gear (helmets, jackets, etc. and maybe even a tandem bicycle which could be strapped to an inside wall of the trailer.) I'd like to know where to look for new and used trailers. TIA

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Jeff..i bought a Haulmark trailer to occasionally tow one of my bikes ..and its convienent when someone else needs to be towed..

when I bought it..the floor had 3/4" plywood on the floor.. i installed
another layer of 3/4" plywood over the exhisting floor..making sure no seams lined up ... i cut out holes to install bike tie downs so they would be flush with the floor ..
and for added strength I ran bolts thru both layers of plywood.. and used
1/4" aluminum strips underneat so the bolts would never tear out .. its
kinda over kill.. but I thought it the extra would give peace of mine when you have your prized bike inside..
I also always put 2 straps on each point of tie down... I guess another overkill..

Oh i almost forgot.... i have a 14ft - dual axle trailer.. with electric brakes
rear fold down door for easy loading & side door.. paid $2360.00 out the door -brand new...

cosmic

·
Registered
129 Posts
Had to do the same thing to my trailer. I use the trailer for a mobile garage and after about three months of everyday use the floor was about shot. I also cut in a folding front wheel chock.

I went to Home Depot and bought three kitchen cabinets and installed them on one side of the trailer over the wheel well section to put all the gear, tools and supplies in. Works out great.

·
Registered
385 Posts
We have a Pace. We looked at the Haulmark, Featherlite (way expensive, but light), Interstate and a few others and found the quality of the Pace to be what we were looking for.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello all,

This is my 24 foot Classic all Aluminum trailer. All aluminum is the only way to go, weight is 2700 pounds vs 5000 for all steel and never will rust. Set up for four full size bikes with pleanty of walk around space. Generator, air compressor and lights.

Hope this helps, ride safe
Mike in NJ

O

·
0 Posts
Last summer I bought a 6x10 enclosed trailer. Brand is "Image".
It is not a high line trailer but totally adequate. It has a side door and
ramp rear door, roof vents and lighting. $2300 out the door. I installed
some floor tiedowns, front wheel chock, and two hooks in rear area for 2 bicycles. Works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts