GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a servicable engine and transmission for a 2003 Gold Wing.

Anyone have/know where I can find one?

·
Vendor
18,126 Posts
You are about the 5th person that I've had contact with looking for one due to ghost shifting. Good luck ... watch eBay and check the m/c salvage yards.

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Vendor
18,126 Posts
Make sure you know the history of the motor. Some are fixing there ghost shifting issues by swapping out motors and selling the ghost shifting motor.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
You are about the 5th person that I've had contact with looking for one due to ghost shifting. Good luck ... watch eBay and check the m/c salvage yards.
The OP hasn't said here why he wants to change his engine.

Make sure you know the history of the motor. Some are fixing there ghost shifting issues by swapping out motors and selling the ghost shifting motor.
I'd like to know where you are getting this information from.:shrug:
You have any links of people actually saying this is what they are doing?.
Or are you Guessing to scare the hell out of everyone.if so then :wrong:

·
Vendor
18,126 Posts
The OP hasn't said here why he wants to change his engine.

I'd like to know where you are getting this information from.:shrug:
You have any links of people actually saying this is what they are doing?.
Or are you Guessing to scare the hell out of everyone.if so then :wrong:
I am warning them as you might. What is wrong with advising them to know the source of where their used engine comes from, buy one from a crediable wrecking yard, a known individual, but not a stanger or from eBay. I get many calls about ghost shifting repair and how people fix this issue. I also get PM's but would never cut and paste them.

I get the feeling you are somehow offended by what I know and share about this issue, or that there is another way to fix this problem other then to continue to have Honda address the issue.

Your posting from above will probably generate at least 1 call from somewhere in the country. There are many, many, silent readers on this board who never post. That person calling will probably be a silent reader too. I doubt he/she will even have a login ID. Unfortunatly, there are many more then even I could have imagined who have had their GW repaired under warrentee, or paid to have it done, and their Wing is back to being a ghost shifter again. The ones paying out of pocket are angry, and consider the engine swap as a possible solution, and resell the ghost shifter to recoupe their money back. I know the OP did not say his was doing it too, but he may find what I write valuable information in his choices as to how he aquires an engine.

2 weeks ago, from another active post between you and I, I talked to 4 in that week alone. Please keep in mind that many GW owners are older, they do have a PC, but find typing a challenge ... a phone call is easier for them. Just because you don't have contact with them, does not mean that they don't exist ... they do!! Fortunanly, post like these does cause them to reach out for help in their own way other then posting publicly.

How about gettiing involved in a solution to this problem instead of standing on the sidelines and critizing the ones who are .... help people with it. For me it is rewarding. Helping people, however they get help from reading what I write, or when I talk to them on the phone, or they find out who I am in person, or even the ones I am fortunate enough to repair their problem makes me feel good about myself. Why not do that instead critsize ??? Channel the anger towards a positive result instead of radiating all the negatizim.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not ghost shifting Something wrong with the engine lots of noises Could be cam or crank shaft Thinking it might be cheaper.easier to install a used good running engine

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Not ghost shifting Something wrong with the engine lots of noises Could be cam or crank shaft Thinking it might be cheaper.easier to install a used good running engine
PM me your number,I'd like to talk to you about the noise.

I don't believe in the "Chicken Little" theroy from the ghost buster!.lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts