GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a right side engine case of any year gl1800. It doesn't have to be repairable and I prefer that it not be. I want to do some experimenting with a few theorys. If anyone knows of one at a scrap or salvage yard please send me a pm. :thumbup:

S

·
0 Posts
It's almost impossible to find used ones, even crashed as the repair shops grab them right from the accident scenes.
I checked with sportwheels and they just said "good luck"

I have seen really crashed ones on crashedtoys but they went for 8-10 grand.
Ebay does have complete engines from time to time.

I buy alot from these guys and they treat you right http://www.pinwallcycle.com and http://www.sportwheel.com

Wish I knew as I would love to pickup a used engine for my next trike.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Storm, I'm slowly finding out how hard it is to locate one even on engines that aren't rebuildable. They seem to throw them at the scrap yards pretty fast to collect the aluminum $$. Hopefully someone will have seen one scrapped but not melted down yet.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I see you are in Lexington. I live about 150 miles sw of you. You might check Greens Salvage in Leitchfield. I was there last week and got a knock sensor from an engine that looked like parts were being sold off it. If I remember correctly he also said something about having one that had been in a fire.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Thanks Storm, I'm slowly finding out how hard it is to locate one even on engines that aren't rebuildable. They seem to throw them at the scrap yards pretty fast to collect the aluminum $$. Hopefully someone will have seen one scrapped but not melted down yet.
TD.I'm calling Honda on Monday.I'll ask them if they will let me have my cases?
They have already seen it's pictures,and so has the Honda Rep seen it's pictures,So I doubt they'd want the cases sent back to them??

I'll let you know what they tell me through a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts