GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this issue? Has happened twice to me. This happens when the engine is at normal temp.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It has happened to several people including me. It seemed to be a problem with low mileage that goes away. Try doing the initialization for the DCT Fred has posted at the top of this board. I think it happened to me last time when I had under 1500 miles. I can't say for sure but I believe that many bikes leave the dealership without being done. End result of initialization is quieter and smoother shifting and I believe the stalling hasn't happened to me since.

·
Love The DCT
12,021 Posts
It has happened to several people including me. It seemed to be a problem with low mileage that goes away. Try doing the initialization for the DCT Fred has posted at the top of this board. I think it happened to me last time when I had under 1500 miles. I can't say for sure but I believe that many bikes leave the dealership without being done. End result of initialization is quieter and smoother shifting and I believe the stalling hasn't happened to me since.
The DCT clutch initialize learn procedure is done at the factory. It is not done as part of the delivery/setup process unless problems were discovered during the setup/test ride that required the procedure to be performed.

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'd be raising **** if a dealer had my bike for two months and not knowing how to fix it.

Reactions: Doug Vann

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
My 03 used to do it a couple of times when relatively new coming to a stop or traffic lights not anymore thought has not done it years :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Thanks I will do this when I get the bike back, Dealer has had it for 2 + months now.
I had a dealer keep my new at the time 2014 BMW K1600GTL Exclusive for 3 months during riding season. They then screwed me big time the next time I took it in for service. I have never been back to that dealer since. I is NOCO Motorsports in Fort Collins, Colorado.
There is no excuse for poor customer service!!!!!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
almost sounds like you got a Canadian bike, they do that as a feature

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
I f your engine dies when you stop something is wrong

Your bike is under warranty---use it

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I f your engine dies when you stop something is wrong. Your bike is under warranty---use it
The OP (Machgun) said: "Thanks I will do this when I get the bike back, Dealer has had it for 2 + months now".

WOW! With that kind of dealer support, DIY!

prs

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
almost sounds like you got a Canadian bike, they do that as a feature

Machgun, what is your location??

If that's idle stop, it should restart as soon as the throttle is turned -- without using the starter.
The should also be an indicator light come on when idle stop is active.

And yes, if it has it, it can easily be disabled/enabled with the front portion of the 'engine stop switch'.

Can also be disabled in the DIC
pg 61 in manual

Idle stop will only function if the engine is warm and bike has been ridden over 6 mph (10 kph)

Since it is so easy to switch, and since it only works when engine warm -- it could easily seem like it only happens sometimes. Certainly wounldn't hurt to check to see if bike has it.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Thanks I will do this when I get the bike back, Dealer has had it for 2 + months now.
You let them keep the bike for 2 plus months.
What's up with that?

I would never let that happen to my bike for whatever reason.:smile2:

·
Registered
612 Posts
The DCT clutch initialize learn procedure is done at the factory. It is not done as part of the delivery/setup process unless problems were discovered during the setup/test ride that required the procedure to be performed.

:doorag:
Muff

I still say the factory cannot and does not do the CIP. If the transmissions and clutch is not at operating temp you cannot do the CIP, so how does the factory do?

It’s a can program that is generic and is close enough to operate the transmission.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You let them keep the bike for 2 plus months.
What's up with that? I would never let that happen to my bike for whatever reason.:smile2:
I agree!! It’s probably outside in the back collecting dust ‘till they figure something out! >:). Go there & get your bike back . . . NOW!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I agree!! It’s probably outside in the back collecting dust ‘till they figure something out! >:). Go there & get your bike back . . . NOW!!
OP need encouragement not discouraging comments. Help not harm.:wink2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts