GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the name of the bracket or arm that that the right engine guard is attached to and where is the best place to get one? Didn't drop the bike but got hit by a cager. Anyone ever made this repair? If so how much trouble is it?:frown2: Thanks in advance :laugh:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have found them on fleabay. Mother Honda has it listed in the Frame section #4 part number 50351-MCA-000 Beam, Right Hand engine support. Cyclemax list it for 130.07 .
This part mounts with the rear lower engine bolt and I think 3 more bolts to the engine block. It was tough to install because I didnt have the engine bolt removal/adjust tool. But I was able to replace it.

I think on fleabay I bought one for around 20$.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found them on fleabay. Mother Honda has it listed in the Frame section #4 part number 50351-MCA-000 Beam, Right Hand engine support. Cyclemax list it for 130.07 .
This part mounts with the rear lower engine bolt and I think 3 more bolts to the engine block. It was tough to install because I didnt have the engine bolt removal/adjust tool. But I was able to replace it.

I think on fleabay I bought one for around 20$.
Thanks partner. Did you have to remove the muffler or manifold? I looked on ebay earlier and there were 4 but all of them left side. I found another parts house that has new oem for about $95 with free shipping.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I did remove the header tubes. The difficulty I had was installing the new beam into the rear mounting point. Thats where the engine removal wrenches would be handy. The engine is adjusted to position from the left side engine mount bolts. Without loosening them it very difficult to slip the beam into place .

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know what kind of material is used to make these beam engine supports/brackets that the engine guards are attached to? In other words, I can see that it is broke in two by peeking in with a flashlight. Can I take it out and weld it? It looks like what I refer to as "pop metal" which is hard to do anything with.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yup

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice all. Ordered one from a parts house. I needed a right one and there was 3 left ones on ebay for cheap. Dang it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts