GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I have a 2007 GL1800 with 50,000 miles on it. A few miles back it started a miss when I'm taking off from a stop and it appears to be getting worse. At idle or when running everything is fine. Plugs are almost new (they only have a couple thousand miles on them).

I'm thinking could be dirty injectors. Any other ideas or a recommend on a good ejector cleaner?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
injector cleaners

Seafoam is the best, second choice is Techron. Others may chime in. JMHO

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think I would take a look at the plugs again.
Reading the plugs is a good diagnostic approach.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well, if you just changed the plugs....I would change them again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had the same problem it toke a while to fine
It was a bad spark plug wire

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys. I think ill throw a new set of plugs in and see what that does. Ill be running about 1,500 mils or so this weekend so ill see if that helps. Ill take along some sea foam just in case. If nothing seems to help ill start looking at the wires when i get back home.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Hick, not sure about the conditions when this happens. There is a miss that seems like one plug didn't fire during a revolution of the engine. It will normally do it once under moderate to heavy acceleration (below 3000 rpm) then the bike runs normally...well, until the next time you are accelerating and it might happen again.

If yours is the same thing, you may not find the cause. Mine does that and I posted on here like you. The consensus was that many bikes do it and no one seemed to know a cure. So who knows....mine still does it. An annoyance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My 02 only does it upon decel in 2nd or 3rd gear around 1500 rpms... it acts like the fuel shuts off for split second,,, roll on throttle easy and it gives a little jerk upon coming back to life...... I have tried everything and nothing works,,,,,,,,,, does not do all the time,,, but sure is annoying....

I can feel when it starts,,, so just pull in clutch and rev engine and all is fine...... It is not ECM,,,, I have tried 3 different one and same problem still there........ I am leaning more to mapp sensor ,, but have not tried that yet...........

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I agree with mrwoody. My Honda dealer spent alot of time trying to figure what was causing the miss on my bike. It was a cracked plug wire.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I put in a new set of plugs and it's like a new bike again. I'll be throwing those E3 plugs away. They are junk.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
My 02 only does it upon decel in 2nd or 3rd gear around 1500 rpms... it acts like the fuel shuts off for split second,,, roll on throttle easy and it gives a little jerk upon coming back to life...... I have tried everything and nothing works,,,,,,,,,, does not do all the time,,, but sure is annoying....

I can feel when it starts,,, so just pull in clutch and rev engine and all is fine...... It is not ECM,,,, I have tried 3 different one and same problem still there........ I am leaning more to mapp sensor ,, but have not tried that yet...........
Throttle position sensor.... Just my $.02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts