GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2006 model last April and noticed the engine making a 'ticking' sound at idle or low rpm. The dealer said this was normal. I am not so sure now but have not been around other wings to make a comparison. Has anyone else heard of or questioned this?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Tick,Tick,Tick,Tick,Tick,Tick,Tick....go the fuel injectors

Don't worry be happy with your new Wing...tis normal fuel injector sounds

You would hear it in your car if you drove atop your motor

·
Registered
537 Posts
Drove me nuts at first when I got my 01' because my GL1500 didn't make the same noise. Before I asked on the board here, I had my dealer look at it and they said the same thing.....fuel injectors just ticking away!!!! Brian

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have 80,000 miles on my 01 and mine ticks really loud for a few seconds on cold start untill the oil pressure comes up,sounds like a lifter noise,does not hurt a thing and i dont even think about it anymore,i just run her,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
892 Posts
Drill two half inch holes in the end of each muffler where the two fake exhaust holes are located on each side of the bike. The Tick and any whine will go away and you will have a nice low corvette like sound. If you dont like it then just plug them up. I happen to like it very much.

OK let the flamblasting begin!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Somebody put a leash on that out of control dog please :( OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
567 Posts
It ticks because it runs like a watch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts