GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trunk removed, Heli Bars installed. Caliper covers installed. Anyone that is doing the caliper covers, beware of the top hex head nut. It's a cheapo zink and it is embedded. Had to slap the chisel on that mammer jammer....

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only time consumer is the lower bolt that is on the support rack under the trunk. What's interesting is, the instructions want you to take allot of the saddle bags off, to get to it. If you look where it is located and then inside the saddle bag, there is a round raised area about the size of a half dollar. I drilled a hole about the size of a quarter, just big enough to get the 8mm socket in there. It's a little bit difficult because of the slight angle, but possible. Put a rubber plug in there to keep everything dry. Shaved a bunch of time off taking it off and putting it back on. I would guess a hour and a half maybe less.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I guess you could use a impactor like Max. Careful not to wack it to hard, break that support arm and ouch. At least with the caliper covers, they give you a decent replacement bolt. Agree, a expensive piece of plastic. Cheapest I've seen is $287.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
Your bike looks good without the trunk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts