GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Is this road from Castle Dale to Ephraim a paved road? looks interesting on the map!
Google Maps shows at least part of it is paved. The twisty section thru the forest appears to be packed dirt/gravel.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i should have asked the most fun, scenic route from Montrose, CO to Idaho?
Where in Idaho? Do you want to go thru Moab? Do you want to go thru Wyoming? Are you packed dirt/gravel averse? How much time do you have between Montrose and wherever in Idaho?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i should have been a little more clear. planning on western co. trying to decide whether to do SW CO again as well as SE UT again? or head north towards Hells Canyon? I know i am staying in Montrose one night and then decide whether to work North or go South?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
50 north to 141 to Gateway, then Naturita, is a good ride. Take 90 (becomes 46 in UT) to 191 and then north. 191 is a good road all the way to Vernal. I haven't been on it north of Vernal. Or, continue on 141 to Dove Creek, then head west to UT. 141 south of Naturita is a bit lonely until you get near Dove Creek.

Another option is 50 to 139 north of Fruita. Take 139 all the way to Rangely. 50 isn't a nice ride, but 139 is. 50 is just more 4-lane hwy. Can't help you from there.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
139 has several switch backs so if you go that way be careful .

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you! my wife reminded me she hasnt been on Moki Dugway for a few years, so it sounds like we may have to ride around SE Utah instead of going North? May need to go back to Escalante while we are in that part. She has never been to Muley Point. last time her and I were there, the loose dirt on the road was so thick it was hard to push thru!

Thanks again everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts