GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in getting ERGO III CRUISE MOUNTS or Mick-O-Pegs one or the other one. Is there a big difference with them?

·
Registered
468 Posts
like my mick o pegs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IELcQCrr5I

Here is my review of my mick o pegs. Since this video, I have moved the pegs in (toward the engine) about 2 inches.

I have not tried the ergo3, but I don't see how they can get low and close like my mick o pegs do. Looking forward to reading reviews/comments about the ergo3 pegs.

·
IronMan
17,222 Posts
My suggestion is see if someone let ya ride theres / borrow ! I didnt want mics cause to make them stay you'd have to do set screw believe i was told ? I have my pegs up higher than most so when i straighten legs out lifts my azz off the seat.( have utopia bk rest)29 inseam if i put heel on peg air blows up my pant legs -great here in fl in summer . Its like all the other farkels = what works best for you ! Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have used both and prefer the Mic-O-pegs. With the Ergo 111 was getting cramps in my hips. I could not get them low enough. With the Mic-0-Pegs never another proablem. When using the Mic-O-Pegs it is almost like standing up and the weight comes of my bottom. Take your foot off and they retract automaticly. Well made procuct.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I have used both and prefer the Mic-O-pegs. With the Ergo 111 was getting cramps in my hips. I could not get them low enough. With the Mic-0-Pegs never another proablem. When using the Mic-O-Pegs it is almost like standing up and the weight comes of my bottom. Take your foot off and they retract automaticly. Well made procuct.
What we zoom said. I have kurys on my bike in Canada and Mico's on my 2012 here in Fl. If I wasn't so cheap, I would have the Mico's on both bikes. If and when I replace the Canadian bike, I will most likely buy Mico's at that time! The mico's are much more comfortable... like riding a horse with stirrups!
Of course this is just my humble opinion with 60,000+ (s)miles on the Mico's.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
+1 and with the kury mounted on horizontal bar they were always dragging. Look at the mops that mount on vertical bar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

·
Registered
2 Posts
like my mick o pegs

Here is my review of my mick o pegs. Since this video, I have moved the pegs in (toward the engine) about 2 inches.

I have not tried the ergo3, but I don't see how they can get low and close like my mick o pegs do. Looking forward to reading reviews/comments about the ergo3 pegs.
I saw your youtube video. You said you have moved the pegs in 2 inches since that video was made. Did you bend the arms again? I would like to see pictures of the new position.

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
I saw your youtube video. You said you have moved the pegs in 2 inches since that video was made. Did you bend the arms again? I would like to see pictures of the new position.
His post is over 6 years old and he hasn't been here in that long.

·
Registered
629 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. Where are you from? What do you ride?

Regarding your question, I can only assume and answer (we all know what that means). Mick-O-Pegs offer their arms in different offsets: 1.5" out, .5 " out, .5 " in and 1.5" out with pegs mounted pointing in. They have 9.5" and 12" lengths though not all length/offset combinations exist.

They are intended on have the pegs angled up from the ground (except the ones that have the pegs on the inside) so if you want to angle the mounts then the legs are offset but straight (bolt holes for mounting of leg and mounting of pegs are in the same plane). If you want to have the mounts perpendicular to the ground, the legs should have a twist between the two ends in addition to the offset. Angled mount installation pushes your feet out and down while perpendicular installation has feet go straight up and down. Mounting blocks can be purchased for mounting on either the horizontal or vertical portion of the engine guards. Different mounting blocks change the amount of angular sweep the arms are allowed to move.

I know not all of this is intuitive on their site and while this in no way covers all the nuances of the variations, I hope it gets you started in your quest. For reference I am running the G arms on D mounts on my GL1800 and had the same model on my Valkyrie Interstate. Pic is misleading - my mounting blocks are perpendicular to the ground. Also shown are RIVCO Aeropegs and Kury mini-boards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Sun City, Arizona. I just bought my 2007 1800 a month ago. I still have a 96 Heritage Softail but am planning on doing longer trips. (plus the wife fell in love with the seat) I tried the Ergo III but like to keep my legs closer to the bike and down. Wes

·
Registered
629 Posts
I live in Sun City, Arizona. I just bought my 2007 1800 a month ago. I still have a 96 Heritage Softail but am planning on doing longer trips. (plus the wife fell in love with the seat) I tried the Ergo III but like to keep my legs closer to the bike and down. Wes
You might like the GD or even the DD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts