GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of Kuryakyn PN 8061, Clevis for Ergo or Ergo II Cruise Pegs.
I stripped the threads out of one of mine. I have used JB Weld and have re-drilled and tapped it but JB Weld is not that tough, with very little torque I could feel the threads give so I stopped. I think it will hold but am not satisfied with it.

Anybody maybe have one of these? Maybe someone has destroyed the peg itself and happen to have one? Seems like a long shot but worth a shot. If so, let me know what you need for it? Doesn't have to be in excellent condition, a bit pitted would be fine but no peeling chrome.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Try n check tomorrow or next day. Got storm brewing so not sure making it to shop.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Worst case . . . how about using a slightly longer bolt. Secure it with a chrome or stainless steel acorn nut?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Mike, one will be on the way to you as soon as I can get to the post office. It's in nice shape, and has the locating pins intact as well as the bolt and shim. Cost to you: $0. Just paying it forward. Is your address still the same one where I sent the Pakit Rack?

Johnny S

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mike, one will be on the way to you as soon as I can get to the post office. It's in nice shape, and has the locating pins intact as well as the bolt and shim. Cost to you: $0. Just paying it forward. Is your address still the same one where I sent the Pakit Rack?

Johnny S
Yep, same address, Thank You very much! Your generosity is much appreciated.
What a great way to start my day!

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worst case . . . how about using a slightly longer bolt. Secure it with a chrome or stainless steel acorn nut?
I had given that some thought, not sure if I could drill a thru hole, if the material would be too hard but in the end decided that even if I could do it, it would offend my need for symmetry.
:laugh:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I had given that some thought, not sure if I could drill a thru hole, if the material would be too hard but in the end decided that even if I could do it, it would offend my need for symmetry.
:laugh:
LOL . . . . it's a Kuryakyn POS pot metal . . . . sooner or later you'll have to do both sides . . . .
>:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts