GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I must have the fuel gauge from hell!!!!!!!! Been having problems for months with fuel gauge,now it refuses to go back to empty when the ignition is turned off, it satys at whatever the fuel level is in tank at shut down, also after filling the tank it take 15-20 minutes or 19-20 miles before it will register FULL> Getting fuel warning light while showing 1/4 tank. I thought perhaps the sending unit in tank was bad so I replaced that last month, with no success, could it be in the fuel gauge itself????Also how long is the Honda warranty good for.????????

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
3 years...back to the dealer for a new gage :D

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Perhaps you got caught with a variation of the Warped Gauge Syndrome. Quite a few of us have had the Dash's replaced due to light reflecting from the back of the windshield, which acts like a Convex Mirror, onto it causing various gauges to stick. Most common is the Spedo but I can see where just about any can be dammaged if the angle is wrong. Parking the bike with the sun from the rear is guaranteed to melt something from the dash trim to various gauges. To prevent Sun Dammage from the rear never park with the back of the windshield into the sun. An easy safety measure is to put a TeeShirt over the windshield or get a cover from Tulsa. BTW the Tulsa windshield is the worst for reflected melting, due to it's angle, but if you are carefull you can prevent it.

Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts