GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of repainting my trailer, what vendor provides the chrome trim other than CSC? I read on one of the threads that CSC sells it for $110.00. Would CSC be my best option?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try an automotive paint supply store. You may have to buy a roll to get what you need. I have an '97 SE an have replaced the trim around the lid and some on the lower sides below the tail light. The chrome and black for the luggage rack is a standard type that CSC cut the ends to form a point. I haven't had to change any of those yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will look into it....

·
Registered
608 Posts
I could never find any that would fit around the bottom lip of the trailer. Post back if you are able to locate any that will fit and stay put.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to purchase the lid/body/wheel well set from CSC for $68.00.

Reactions: Big Tom

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I haven't, I will keep that in mine when it comes back from being painted. What was your solution for the problem? Did you contact Cindy at CSC to discuss the matter???

·
Registered
608 Posts
No I haven't, I will keep that in mine when it comes back from being painted. What was your solution for the problem? Did you contact Cindy at CSC to discuss the matter???

The guy that painted it put the old piece back on. It wasn't in too bad of shape, just sucked it couldn't be new with a new paint job. I did call CSC and they couldn't figure it out, the only thing they came up with was because it was an older trailer the lip was wider than what the new ones are. I tried looking on ebay and couldn't ever find anything that I thought had a wider gap so pretty much gave up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha, Show a Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'll try to get one on here in the next few days. Just got some new tires and wheels to put on it today so will probably be getting it out from storage anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts