GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting an Escapade Excel trailer to match my 2017 'wing. I have a Bushtec hitch installed and Kuryakyn wiring. Does anyone else have a similar setup? If so, how did you secure the bike-end connector? I don't want it visible when not hooked up, but want it to be secure and somewhat protected from the elements.
If anyone on here has an Escapade trailer, can you provide a picture of the connector included with the trailer? It might give me some idea what I am facing. CSC isn't much help with their descriptions. Thanks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have a standard ball hitch with my 2005 Escapade SE. It has 6-pin square connector. When not used, I have a cut-off plug that I sealed with liquid rubber and I just tuck it up into the chain eyelets. Out of sight, out of mind.

Greg
2004 GL1800
Rider 123, 2019 Tour of Honor
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Here is what I did for my Bushtec, I had to make an extension cable to get from the Lockit box to the trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that is exactly what I needed. Now have an idea what the plug looks like AND how to hide it when the hitch is removed.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks guys, that is exactly what I needed. Now have an idea what the plug looks like AND how to hide it when the hitch is removed.

If you're needing to buy a plug, I've never been able to locate them anywhere except CSC. Found some that looked close but weren't the one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're needing to buy a plug, I've never been able to locate them anywhere except CSC. Found some that looked close but weren't the one.
I talked to CSC and the dude told me they had them specially made. Don't know how true that is, but from your post, it makes it seem likely.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I talked to CSC and the dude told me they had them specially made. Don't know how true that is, but from your post, it makes it seem likely.

Yeah it's very likely. When I called CSC that's what they told me and when I talked to all the trailer supply places I could find they confirmed.

I found a used on on here from someone that didn't need it anymore for just shipping I believe. Might be worth a try if you are going to need it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had a square one on my Hannigan when I got it... but swapped it for a flat... and most of the trailer supply places sell both ends together so easy peasy and hook em up...

and I wrap mine around the license plate holder and tuck the end (with cap) behind the plate...

kinda the lazy man's version of M61A1MECH's solution..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
E Trailer also has 6 pin round connectors and sockets. The sockets come with a spring loaded door to cover the connections.

I have a similar 5 pin on mine and made a bracket that is hidden behind the fender to mount the socket.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I cut off the factory Escapade plug, then went with a 5 way flat plug to match the one that came on the bike from the previous owner. During the plug swap, I soldered each wire then used heat shrink at each connection, followed by a heavy duty water proof electrical wrap to contain the bundle. My Escapade didn't come with the interior dome light option (nor was it included in the wiring loom) so I wasn't concerned about missing the extra 6th conductor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts