GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Escapade Elite won't unlock. I've bent both keys. Anybody got any ideas. If not I will have to call CSC in the AM.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Take it to a locksmith, they can get into it and make you some new keys as well.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
....is the cooler full? This really worked - had the same problem on an older Escapade, when we removed the cooler the trailer unlocked.

Also....push down on the lid too.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I just picked up my new Escapade trailer... unlocking it was a tad on the hard side... i found by pushing down on the lid helped a bunch.. and I
got some teflon spray lubricant ... lubed the lock where the key went and the lock on the inside of the trailer.. works like a charm now..

cosmic

·
Registered
89 Posts
From your post, I take it that you cannot unlock the trunk, not that it is just hard to do. I had the same problem and called CSC. Apparantly the housing that covers the locking mechanisim on the inside of the trunk had moved and jammed the locking mechanisim. CSC recommended using a pair of pliers on the key. I inserted the key and then placed the pliers on the key, touching the keyway. A good amount of turning pressure and wa la! The housing had moved. After tightening down the nuts--no more problem. Also did the graphite thing in the lock. Hope this helps.

Ole Smokey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts