GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just changed the hubs and now want to get new tires. Any National chain places have tires for this. Also what about rads instead of bias?

Thank You!

Doug

·
Registered
908 Posts
They are available at just about any store - have not tried any tire shops. Not sure who you have in your area - but I bought a set of Carlisle's at Tractor Supply.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I bought mine at Les Schwab tire stores and had them mounted there. Be sure they clean the rim and put on a new valve stem as I experienced some air leakage with the original installations that had to be subsequently fixed by another of their shops (no charge).

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought my new tires at my local favorite independent tire dealer. Gave me an option of standard 4 ply or to 6 ply, only a couple of dollars per tire more. They work well. No need to radial tires, waste of money even if you could find them in 12".
;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Radials

Carlisle makes the ST145R12 radial. I have been told they work fine on the Escapade but I have not tried them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Walmart and harbor Freight, both carry the 4.80 (B) X 12" tires (on a rim, if you want)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts