GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Good thing they didn't have Facebook in the 70's :p
That's true.....they have FaceBook now, and I still refuse to use it. I keep telling my daughter that the facebook thing is a communist plot to have all friends and family members at each other's throats. :shrug:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Young and inexperienced... If he was a little older he might have known; but then again you never know.

:shrug:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
what I can't yet understand is why so many want to use THIS FORUM as if it was Facebook.

It's turned into a personal journal for many, guess they don't have anyone else to talk to. "I found a nail", "changed my headlight bulb", "washed my "girl" this weekend", "my 3rd cousin on my dad's side passed away".......

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
what I can't yet understand is why so many want to use THIS FORUM as if it was Facebook.

It's turned into a personal journal for many, guess they don't have anyone else to talk to. "I found a nail", "changed my headlight bulb", "washed my "girl" this weekend", "my 3rd cousin on my dad's side passed away".......
There was once a time, way back before AOL gave away all those free disks to the unwashed masses, when forums were not top-heavy with off-topic, irrelevant, and/or inappropriate nonsense. If you wanted to whine about the current administration you went to a political forum. You didn't post it in a motorcycle forum and then send people nasty PMs when they quite rightly gigged you for doing it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lets call it "you can't fix stupid":thumbup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Some employers are now asking for your Facebook information on Job Interviews; the courts in a number of test cases have allowed it;

Ya'll be carefull out there, it's a cruel world.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts

:yes1: :agree:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Is that ever the truth! I often wonder what it is about "motorcycle forum" those folks can't understand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts