GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking one of these up. It has the same functions as the 9500IX except that some are not automatic but manual. The price overcomes the negatives however. Anyway, it appears from what I've seen that most people have these mounted on a flat plate on the mount of their choice. Are they just velcroed on. any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yes, Velcro is your friend that's all I use to hold my 9500ix mounted on a Tech Mount available through HDL. Very secure.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Detector mount

I put a stainless steel hose clamp around mine. Put the screw on the bottom and line the inside of the clamp with the soft velcrow so it doesn't scratch the detector. This is in addition to the velcrow on the bottom of the detector and top of the plate.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Oldguy,

I use the Tech mount (pictured) on my left handle bar. Only velcro is used to hold the detector there.

My tech mount came with a large pieces of velcro. it holds quite well.

It took a few tightening sessions on the Tech mount for it to hold position snugly. That may have been my fault on not wanting to over tighten stuff at first

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
One other item.... the first few months I used the Tech Mount... I had a system as backup retention for the detector onto the Tech mount.

this system was a pair of "rubber bands". I know this may confuse the non tech guys.

I wrapped a pair of these "rubber band" devices around the detector and the Tech mount base plate.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now you've got me wondering, what color rubber bands. That, of course makes all the difference.:lol:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I am using a similar "rubber band" technology to make sure my XM receiver stays put.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I think I purchased mine in Wally World quite some time ago. Look in their camping section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts