GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading to Estes Park Colorado next weekend to meet some friends. We will be staying 2 nights. Any suggestions on where to stay and breakfast/dinner places?? We would prefer to be close to town. I was there for a few hours 10 or so years ago and don't remember much about the town.

Thanks in advance,
YNP

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
We are heading to Estes Park Colorado next weekend to meet some friends. We will be staying 2 nights. Any suggestions on where to stay and breakfast/dinner places?? We would prefer to be close to town. I was there for a few hours 10 or so years ago and don't remember much about the town.

Thanks in advance,
YNP
We stayed here:

http://www.maryslakelodge.com/

in a condo and liked it. It is not in town, but nice and quiet as a result.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Try the "Chop House" right next to Estes Lake. Great food !

The "Egg and I " for breakfast on Elkhorn Av. just east of city hall. Big Horn Restaurant on the west end of Elkhorn Ave. has it all great breakfast too.

We love Estes and try to make it there at least twice a year.

Have a ot of favorites.......

Are you looking for a campground or room?

R

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I went to Estes Park/Rockies back in '73 when my brother was stationed at F.E. Warren A.F.B. in Cheyenne,Wy.
On my bucketlist to go back some year.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Big Horn Restaurant on the west end of Elkhorn Ave. has it all great breakfast too.
+1

The owners of the Big Horn are hands on kind of people and the food there is great.

The KOA has "Kamping Kabins" where you can bring your own bedding.

They are about the only ones in town that don't require a 2 night minimum.

If you like vertical twisties, try the back way into Estes by taking 34 out of Loveland and turning at Drake.

To check a recent thread about this go here:
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289649

That will drop you into one of the most beautiful panoramas of the Estes valley there is with a couple of double "S" switchbacks at the top just before you see that view.

Don't forget the cinnamon rolls at the Glen Haven general store.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mountain Sage Inn just west of downtown, easy walking distance, nice clean, reasonable place to stay. There is a web site

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. My wife found a place to stay (not sure where), but I will take the list of restaurants with me. Unfortunately, the Wing is staying home although my wife asked if we are going to trailer it down so we could ride in the park. I don't have a proper trailer for it--yet, but it is on my list.

Thanks again for the replies

YNP

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you like BBQ, I highly recommend Smokin' Daves BBQ & Taphouse. Excellent food, the beef brisket in particular was OUTSTANDING! http://www.smokindavesq.com/

Now my mouth is watering just thinking about it ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts