GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this has been posted before but just in case not, I thought it would be good information for anybody that would like to try to run some good gas once in a while.

Go to pure-gas.org and scroll to the bottom and click on what state you want to view.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I used the pure gas website while I was in Cheyenne, WY. The station that was listed does not have ethenol free gas any more.

Joe in Redding

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
About the only place around Fla that has it is at Marinas for boat engines. It is also priced higher than corn gas of the same octane.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I posted it once but glad to see more and more people jumping on board. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
A lot of the stations on that list are bogus. Here in Ohio, stations that are for autos are forbidden by the Ohio EPA from selling non ethanol fuel.

Most of the stations on the list are at marinas. (the rest are bogus) Marinas may let you fill your car, but they are not supposed to.

The thing I find funny about this pure gas stuff is that we have car and motorcycle riders clamoring to pay a premium for non ethanol fuel, and yet boaters are bringing their own fuel from the stations you guys are trying to avoid in order to fill their boats so that they don't have to pay the high prices at marinas.

Kinda defies logic. Are these bikes running bad on E10 or something? Are they breaking down? It can't be gas mileage issues. Every time a 6th gear thread pops up, everybody says they don't care about the gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
As a biker, triker and boater (and yes the yard eqpmt)I add star tron to the fuel . Stabilizer on steroids. Works for me!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
There is a station here in Medford that does have non-oxygenated gas, it is 90 octane and about .50/per gallon more that regular 87 octance. Pull your bike up and they fill er up. They also have race gas :thumbup:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Prue Gas

That website is wrong a lot like others have said.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I guess there must be some reason to have poor info on a web site, this is not accurate in my area, and wasnt the last couple times it was posted either.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Congress has mandated no more ethanol-free gas for on-highway vehicles.:wrong:
Mix some Marvel Mystery Oil in your tank to offset the horrors of ethanol.

The link isn't accurate anymore.

later..Randy

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congress must not have mandated ethanol gas. There are four stations where I am vacationing at now. The gas runs a whole .08 cents a gallon more.

·
Registered
440 Posts
just came back from Canada where I had 3 full fill up with regular gas. Bike ran better and averaged 4 miles per gallon increase.

I hate goverment.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Use it all the time (web site and stations). A few times it is not correct but most of the time it is. I travel LA, MS & AL and there are plenty of non-ethanol gasoline stations in these states.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There are many staions here in Oklahoma that are ethonal free, so I can't see how it was mandated by congress. It does cost more, but that is only because the Gov't is subsidizing the use of ethonal. Otherwise it would cost more then regular gas.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Many of us oppose subsidies for grain based ethanol laced motor fuel for good reason. It is not cost effective by any measure. While I along with others prefer not to use motor fuel containing ethanol, it will become harder and harder to find/identify ethanol-free fuel as state labeling requirements are being relaxed, based on lobbying by the ethanol industry.

I have contacted my elected employees and urge you to do so as well. While they don't like to be bothered by common folk like us, they love their jobs and perks enough that if enough to fear for them if they realize that we are fed up. You don't even need to spend a subsidized stamp. Send email and follow up to see how they vote subsequent to your messages. Let 'em know when you are disappointed. They work for you/us.

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
Larry, its not so much they are running bad, but you can sure tell a difference in pep and fuel economy. ALL of our local pumps have been marked "Up to 10% Ethenol" for many years. But for whatever reason, occasionally the gas is good old pure gas; on sniff of the fumes and I can tell when Ethel in there, gives it a sweet/acrid sort of an odor and the real stuff smells like it usta in halcyon days. With the drought in the mid west and southwest; maybe corn supplies will be short and we will get a smathering of the good old stuff.

prs

A lot of the stations on that list are bogus. Here in Ohio, stations that are for autos are forbidden by the Ohio EPA from selling non ethanol fuel.

Most of the stations on the list are at marinas. (the rest are bogus) Marinas may let you fill your car, but they are not supposed to.

The thing I find funny about this pure gas stuff is that we have car and motorcycle riders clamoring to pay a premium for non ethanol fuel, and yet boaters are bringing their own fuel from the stations you guys are trying to avoid in order to fill their boats so that they don't have to pay the high prices at marinas.

Kinda defies logic. Are these bikes running bad on E10 or something? Are they breaking down? It can't be gas mileage issues. Every time a 6th gear thread pops up, everybody says they don't care about the gas mileage.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts