GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year again for riders from the US and Canada to meet up with motorcycles in Europe and wander around. My Yellow 01 "BUZZZ" is sitting in Heidelberg Germany at Knoff Tours. Last year I did a Grand tour of the EU with about 8,000 miles camping most of the way for about 18 EUros a night for two bikes. This year no ride partner, however I hope to meet up with one in the direction of Portugal for the Treffen or to Wales or to Croatia. I'll start in Holland and end with the Italian Treffen.. Wish me luck...PS not to late to Join in

Goldwing Treffen Holland Reuver. http://www.goldwing-european-federation.eu/images/invitations/201510.pdf

(1) http://www.goldwing-european-federation.eu/index.php?option=com_gwef&view=treffen&Itemid=208
(2) Italy Treffen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxBNRuDcydk (Preview of a 1/2 hour Travel show)

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's , however I hope to meet up with one in the direction of Portugal for the Treffen or to Wales or to Croatia.
Glad to read about americans bikers riding through Europe.

Portugal, 100 Mi away from my home, nice people, very good preserved historic towns, not expensive gas excepted. I love the lounliness in Alentejo province with amazing fortified towns. Hot weather inland.

Wales, not the best food, the most expensive coutry front Portugal and Croatia, but nice people, great landscapes and old towns. Warm temperatures in summer.

Croatia, the cheapest coutry, great food, nice people, beatiful lansdcapes......may be a bit crowded on the coast in summer.

Good luck and enjoy your ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EU travel

Loved Northern Spain last year. Followed the Pyrenees Mountains mostly along N260. Camping, vistas, food, people could not be better. N260 Roads bits were sometimes a surprise.
I have low expectations of English food , I'm sure not to be disappointed. I asked for vegetables with meals and avoid the expensive low alcohol beer, apple cider is ripping. I starting going to Farmer's markets for very good homemade foods and then taking these back to camp, I could not move after the Cider, blitzed.
I do see and know lots of Americans and Canucks on BMW GS bikes, not so much for the Goldwing. The Goldwing Treffens are worth going to with the Wing, people could not have been nicer, I had a great time going from Treffen to Treffen, riding with the locals on roads I would never had taken by myself. Meeting people from all over Europe, great experience. Plus I had the benefit of showing to the EU people that American are as dumb as they look. Cultural exchange...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have low expectations of English food , I'm sure not to be disappointed. ...
Wacht out! if you call english someone/something to Wales, Scotland.......they could feel offended. ;)

Plus I had the benefit of showing to the EU people that American are as dumb as they look. Cultural exchange...
I'm sure you are clever people. Dumbs, remains at home always.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i understand the Scots call the English... Just the "*******$" and or The "White Settlers". Those from York - Vikings.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+Yes the Canuck snow monkeys are annoyingly nice people with health care.

First the Flag, it's message? "We love edible trees"? Humm. Who doesn't like trees and Maple syrup. How pleasant. Second, Not the first into a fight, it's bad manners, unless exception on the Hockey rink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts