GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that I have read about this some time ago but wanted to ask this question.

I would like to swap out my tail lights for the new style Euro lights that the 06,07 have. My dealer can not tell me if that will work. They thought it would be no problem but I told them I thought I read that the bolt patterns are different. They are looking into it but I thought this would yield a quick answer.

I would appreciate any help on this subject.

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
John Preston of Bushtec said the bag lights were a "no go". Don't remember why. Maybe you can do a search of his posts.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If you have a LATE build date 05, you may have the dual set of holes in the bag. The 06/07 holes will be covered with rubber plugs, and the old pattern will be exposed. Park your bike next to an 06 and open your trunks to see if you have the mounting tabs for the navi in the front wall of your trunk. If you have these, you probably have the correct holes in the bags. But Honda changed the connectors on the wiring, also from 05 to 06. So the answer to your question is maybe.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
07, 6,300 miles

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ed I will check that out.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
What is considered a "late build"?

April? I have stickers that state 4/4/05 "assembly date" on the fuel tank and 4/7/05 on the seat.

just wondering . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts