GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished changing out both wheels, and got her all buttoned back up, so I thought I'd take her for a quick spin to ensure the Dynabeads were doing their job and everything sounded and felt alright.
Of course, I can never finish any maintenance without screwing something up ... I brought her down off the jack and pulled it out of the way, but I didn't get down and take a look underneath ... so I missed the bottle jack I'd used to gt the front up a little higher ... and backing up pulled the bike off the bottle jack just perfectly ... to drop the evaporative canister on the bottle jack. Punched a big hole in it, with all the activated carbon spilling out.

That explains the stupidity ... now the question: What's the function, and is the bike usable without the canister being filled with activated carbon? (in other words, can I seal up the canister with duck tape and use the bike until the replacement canister arrives?)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Should be just fine, don't over fill the fuel tank... I wouldn't even bother patching the hole... it's vented to begin with... I would make sure all the stuffing is out.. then ride it until you get a replacement...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Larry ... "evarorative canister" didn't make a lot of sense until you mentioned fueling.

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
Sounds like a "trick" I would do. Hope the new coffee can of char is not too expensive.

prs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts