GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I feel as though to enjoy a nice ride by myself I have to head out somewhere into the country here in NJ preferably Sussex Cty and just ride the back county roads, feeling as though i'm floating on a cloud, enjoying the beautiful scenery, smelling the cows and horses, listening to the wind whitsleing in the trees on a windy day or just stopping at a backroad intersection, shutting off the stereo and just hearing absolutely silence, taking it all in just forgetting about everything else that goes on in my daily living. At times I get lost, now this I sincerely enjoy, finding new roads that I didn't even know were there. With no GPS, I know I know, sometimes I stop in front of someones farm and ask them how to get back to a certain road, boy the conversations can go on for hours when you meet someone nice on a farm but that's what I went up there to do, ride, meet people, and just forget about life as it is. I eat lucnh at the Chatterbox and then head home after a wonderful day of riding.......feeling very fulfilled and happy as can be. :D :D

Today, I couldn't find my crush washer to do a oil change, I know I know that I could have done it w/out it but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought what a excuse to take the wing out in 34 degree weather to my local Honda dealer fifteen minutes away to get some. I put the Gerbings on and headed out for a short trip and got the washers. Holding myself back from walking out of Honda w/just washers was very difficult but I did it. To my surprise, that half hour ride left me feeling very fulfilled with excitement and joy. My point to this somewhat long story is that even short little trips can be just as fulfilling as us going out for hours on the wing. Happy Riding, be safe on the road when the temps drop below freezing please!!! :D :D Brian

·
Registered
573 Posts
I agree. On Sunday I decided that I needed to top the tank off since the bike will be sitting for longer periods of time. Instead of stopping at the gas station a couple blocks a way I hit the one about 10 miles away, but it took 20 to get there. It was cold, but well worth it.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I guess if I moved back to NJ I would be part of this thread...glad to see you guys are having fun up there and getting in some miles!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
winginit01 said:
Today, I couldn't find my crush washer to do a oil change, I know I know that I could have done it w/out it but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought what a excuse to take the wing out in 34 degree weather to my local Honda dealer fifteen minutes away to get some.
I'm beginning to come to the same realization ...
that is,
some large percentage of the miles on my wing involve going the the Honda shop to get more stuff for it.

I think those miles should get subtracted from the odometer
:)

Dennis

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
!HEY NOW we do have to turn our wheels around a gator or two from time to time....

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm not the first to say it... but,

'My therapist has two wheels!'

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
turn to get around gators, armadilloes, herons, egrets, roseate spoonbills, Sandhill cranes, turtles, snakes, foxes, racoons, the occaisional panter...just to name a few areas where one can utilize turning/leaning ability...in fact, last weekend's ride was up to Ocala and there are plenty of winding country roads to sink your tires into!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lefty, I agree with you one hundred percent. Can you please call my new WIFE and explain to her that I will be a new man when I get home from the polar bear rides on Sundays and I might even clean the house for her too and actually complete all the things she has on my honey do list. :shock: This might just work Lefty!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hey Brian,
Enjoyed your post a lot.
But for a minute there I though you were turning into Robert Frost. :lol:

Hey folks, I wander if that Jersey wind he listens to has a Jersey accent?

I also noticed he mentioned being lost...but knew EXACTLY where he was having LUNCH. :roll:
Definitely the mark of a professional Winger. :lol: :lol:
DC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts