GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just endlessly wandering around without a clue in the world. However that is all about to change. I am now counting the days n' hours until I leave to go pick up my New Wing in New Mexico. Well mine and the banks, that is. Super bowl Sunday move over ... Monday is all mine. It has been a very long and difficult (bikeless) eight months. Since I sold my 93' 1500 and now that it is getting close, time just seams to have begun to tick backwards --- go figure!!! The only thing that has kept me somewhat sane has been to watch and learn from all the great people here on this and the other board. (Duel loyalty) I haven't as much as even touched a new 1800... YET, but feel as though I know it well. All because of YOU... the good people who share a common dream of motorcycling and I just wanted to say Thanks !!! .... Hope see you on the road sometime.
Mike... aka' the Nite Owl ... Phoenix Arizona.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Congratulations!!! I also had a 93 1500 and went to an 1800 two weeks ago. Believe me I can understand how excited your are. As other have said once you get on the 1800 you will forget all about the 1500 and never look back. Enjoy your ride in sunny Arizona we will be thinking about you..

Dick

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Congrats!!
Ride Safe!

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
705 Posts
Your new 1800

Good luck with your new 1800.What color and year did you get?? :beer2:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Congrats Mike!

Pace back & forth and repeat "it's almost here" this helped me. Have fun & be safe.

Ronnie

:yw1:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Mike...congrats on a very wise decision. That being said I just want to warn you of some of the problems you may encounter upon receiving the keys to your new GL1800. You will notice that you will have a very large grin on your face that is impossible to remove. Shortly after receiving the bike, your credit card will remain maxed out. If that isn't enough, you will be forced to call in sick at work just so you can go out riding. Also short rides are very difficult. A simple ride to the corner store can take as long as 3-4 hrs. As a Wing owner I am just trying to prepare you for many changes in your life. Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks !!!

Hey thanks everyone !!! I will be offline untill I get back from New Mexico. So everyone have a nice Super bowl Sunday. I'll be on the road very early, so I can get up to Deming. And find a purch to watch the game.
Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts