GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since early November my fuel mileage has been around 29 mpg. Well, last Saturday I went searching for the problem and found none. Basically all I did was unplug all the connectors on the ECM and checked for opens, shorts and grounds, voltages, etc... then plugged it all back together. Presto!!!! :yes: My mileage is back in the 40 mpg range again. :yes: Then, Sunday, I noticed my rear shock wasn't adjusting like it should. :cus: The numbers on the display would go from 0 to 25 and back down from 25 to 0 but thier was no apparent movement of the wheel when measured with a tape measure and on the center stand. Tonight, I pulled the number 20 fuse to make sure it was good, it was, then plugged it back in. Presto!!! The rear shock works normally again. Has anyone else had mysterious troubles such as this? Did you find the cause? What was the fix? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Has not happen to me. Knock on wood. But thanks for the info

Could come in handy latter on.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I had to do that with the headset plug in the faring to get the mike working again. Two headsets and two full cord sets in any combination all had no mike. All combinations worked fine with the rear plug. No more problems since re-seating the plugs. I may have to do this with the plugs for my Yellow Box. It has had a few blips where the needle would drop to 0 for a second or two. Would some dielectric grease prevent this re-seating "gremlin"?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE

I finally found time to drop by my dealers service department and ask them about this trouble. The service manager seems to think it is a problem with my ECM and suggested that I bring it in for the ECM/Overheating fix. This does sound plausable to me but was curious as to what others might think about it. ?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts