GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer is closing out their selection of Arai's at extremely good prices. I was thinking of getting one but I don't like the colors.

Has anyone ever sucessfully painted a Quantum II helmet a solid color??
Is there a place that does this???

like I really need another helmet.....

I often tell folks a drug habit would be cheaper than this motorcycle habit.
This is a prime example.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
For what it is worth I heard that by painting a helmet adds to the break down of the outer shell like ozone. Again it just is something that I think I read someplace and thougt I would pass it along.

Also not to hijack but I have the same liscense plate holder and a couple of months ago I got off the bike and it was hanging by the wires as it busted out at both the bolts. Honda warrantied it but my dealer thought they would not and I had to agree if they did not that I would pay for the replacement tupperware. The bike is an 05.

·
Registered
23 Posts
jwen said:
For what it is worth I heard that by painting a helmet adds to the break down of the outer shell like ozone. Again it just is something that I think I read someplace and thougt I would pass it along.
I read the same thing somewhere. My wife wanted her helmet painted and that article killed that idea.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Unpainted ABS might be affected by solvent paints but not fiberglass or any helmet that is already painted. I painted my Quantum with automotive enamel paint in an aerosol can. Its better quality than your typical krylons or other hardware store paint. I had an older Bell painted in Eddie Lawson colors (red-white) and wanted to copy it, so I got a solid red helmet and painted the white over it. Its held up well.

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts