GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my back wheel and started cleaning it to apply the Everbrite clear coating. Boy was that rim dirty. I make it a habbit to clean the rim with every tire change (yearly). This time I followed the advise that I read on this forum. Start with 400 wet/dry, then 600, then 1000 and finish with 2000 grit. It really made it easier to polish up with Mothers Billet polish and a polishing ball.
I then rinsed it down with baking soda water to neutralize the polish, cleaned it up xylene. I then applyied the Everbrite with a foam brush. Looks good and hope it will be worth the work.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
WHEN I SIT ON BIKE N RIDE I CANT SEE REAR RIM :shrug: :lol: LET US KNOW HOW IT HOLDS UP.

·
Registered
721 Posts
To much work, I clean the rims with a little steal wood and put some Mothers aluminum polish on in the Spring and maybe in the Fall. That it....

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Applied Everbrite to my wheels a couple years ago ...now just wash gently like the rest of the bike ... :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
It worked well for me. Lasted well for about 50-60k miles but then started to wear off a bit. By 75k miles, the wheel was not longer easy to clean. Kinda like it was originally. I suspect the coating just wears out after a while but 50k miles isn't bad.

If you take your wheel to someone for mounting be VERY clear that they are NOT to use any alcohol or aggressive cleaners to prep the wheel for weights. That will ruin the Everbrite very quickly. :cry:
I just removed my back wheel and started cleaning it to apply the Everbrite clear coating. Boy was that rim dirty. I make it a habbit to clean the rim with every tire change (yearly). This time I followed the advise that I read on this forum. Start with 400 wet/dry, then 600, then 1000 and finish with 2000 grit. It really made it easier to polish up with Mothers Billet polish and a polishing ball.
I then rinsed it down with baking soda water to neutralize the polish, cleaned it up xylene. I then applyied the Everbrite with a foam brush. Looks good and hope it will be worth the work.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Applied Everbrite to my wheels a couple years ago ...now just wash gently like the rest of the bike ... :thumbup:
times 2

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Same here. I did it during a tire change, so it wasn't much more work. I have saved much more work in clean up than it took to do the job, so I am way ahead.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2012+ rims

Can you use everbrite on the 2012 plus year bikes that have the clear coating on them?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Sure you can....but it isn't needed. I think you would be just wasting your time. The factory coating on the 2012 and up are far more tough than the Everbrite.

Can you use everbrite on the 2012 plus year bikes that have the clear coating on them?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Another product brought to our attention courtesy of Fred Harmon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts