GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July 26, I ordered clothing from LD Comfort. Woman explained high shipping prices as they ship everything priority mail as it is faster and much more reliable than parcel post.

I bit and paid them $14.50 for delivery of less than one pound of merchandise.

Item was shipped on July 26. It is now 7 days later and post office has no idea where the package is.

Called PO gave them tracking # and was told, "We do not guarantee the delivery of Priority mail, We just charge more for it."
Priority Mail®

Processed through Sort Facility

July 26, 2011, 11:44 pm

KENT, WA 98032

Expected Delivery By:
July 28, 2011

It is now July 31 and no package.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I have your stuff, it arrived yesterday. Looks a bit big to me, but I will test wear them and let you know.

Please send more postage and I will send them to you. :lol::lol:

No telling where it is. I got a letter last week, it was over three months old, it was wrinkled, crumpled and taped together. No telling where all it went. Must have gotten stuck in the gears of the mail sorter machine.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have your stuff, it arrived yesterday. Looks a bit big to me, but I will test wear them and let you know.

Please send more postage and I will send them to you. :lol::lol:

:bow::bow:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I bought something online and the USPS "tracking" number says it will arrive last Friday or Saturday. Of course their "tracking" number isn't really "tracking" anything and they even say that online. Oh well, maybe it will be here in a few days. Or not. I don't understand how, with such stellar service, the USPS can be going broke.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
We're closing a whole bunch of Post Offices. That will speed delivery of all USPS mail I'm sure.
Maybe USPS could use a Stimulus payment:roll:

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I personally have never had any problems with USPS for either shipping or receiving. The tracking numbers are a bit of a farce because I often receive a package before the tracking number ever shows anything. USPS is definitely a LOT cheaper to use than UPS or FedEx. UPS recently wanted $123.00 to ship a 12 lb box from NJ to NH and that wasn't even next day service. The Post Office charged $23.00 including insurance and had the box to NH in two days. I'll be using USPS thank you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's what happens in a gov run operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
ordered $15 bucks worth of e cables while back. 1 month and did not receive. Tracking showed where they went out for delivery and on what day but I did not receive them. Called the company they were gracious enough to send me more stuff. 8 months later I received the original package. Post person said they found it under a bucket at the Post Office.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am happy with them, never had but one problem in the 40 or so years I have been using them and they took care of that problem.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
"USPS is definitely a LOT cheaper to use than UPS or FedEx." How did you arrive at this conclusion? UPS, Fed EX, DHL, etc. are 'for profit' companies that pay taxes. Fed Ex delivers [or at least did until recently(?)] USPS packages for which senders pay the lower USPS 'retail' price.

The USPS answer to lower revenues is to raise prices largely on the part of the business that is losing revenues because of pricing; rather than to apply creative thinking.
I personally have never had any problems with USPS for either shipping or receiving. The tracking numbers are a bit of a farce because I often receive a package before the tracking number ever shows anything. USPS is definitely a LOT cheaper to use than UPS or FedEx. UPS recently wanted $123.00 to ship a 12 lb box from NJ to NH and that wasn't even next day service. The Post Office charged $23.00 including insurance and had the box to NH in two days. I'll be using USPS thank you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have never had a shipment quote that UPS or FED EX was a lower fee than USPS. Always had good service as well.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I have never had a shipment quote that UPS or FED EX was a lower fee than USPS. Always had good service as well.
Yes. The up front 'fees' are lower at the USPS. You are aware that there are other (substantial) costs to the folks who pay income based federal taxes?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I cannot believe how much UPS gets for shipping now....especially given that I paid 120 dollars in shipping for overnight to get some fresh fruit from Utah (it's an annual splurge) and not only did their plane "suffer mechanical problems" and the pkg did not arrive Friday morning.

Not only that, they said they tried to deliver on Saturday and the office was closed. I work for a 24 hour news network, there is ALWAYS somebody here to sign for a pkg. So that was fiction.

My sister, who went right to the orchard and waited for the stuff to be picked (we are talking fresh) is going to demand a refund, but when it got here this morning at 11am, it had clearly been sitting in an ovenlike truck all weekend where it roasted itself to death. Awful smell when I opened the box (which had "perishable" and "Please refrigerate" written all over it).

It was really disappointing since I look forward to this day all summer, and so do my friends at work who I share with. A real bummer....

By the way, have you noticed that it's cheaper to get your oil changed at the Ford dealer than at Jiffy Lube now? I can't do maintenance work in my apartment parking lot, so oil changes are just a cost of living item for me, but didn't Jiffy Lube make its business by UNDERCUTTING the dealer service? Weird.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Count yourself fortunate. You can specify that suppliers use USPS or some other delivery service. You are not bound to use UPS and are free to use any]delivery service you wish, including the USPS which pays no income based federal taxes. On top of what it's investor/owners pay the UPS corporation pays 34%.
I cannot believe how much UPS gets for shipping now....especially given that I paid 120 dollars in shipping for overnight to get some fresh fruit from Utah (it's an annual splurge) and not only did their plane "suffer mechanical problems" and the pkg did not arrive Friday morning.

Not only that, they said they tried to deliver on Saturday and the office was closed. I work for a 24 hour news network, there is ALWAYS somebody here to sign for a pkg. So that was fiction.

My sister, who went right to the orchard and waited for the stuff to be picked (we are talking fresh) is going to demand a refund, but when it got here this morning at 11am, it had clearly been sitting in an ovenlike truck all weekend where it roasted itself to death. Awful smell when I opened the box (which had "perishable" and "Please refrigerate" written all over it).

It was really disappointing since I look forward to this day all summer, and so do my friends at work who I share with. A real bummer....

By the way, have you noticed that it's cheaper to get your oil changed at the Ford dealer than at Jiffy Lube now? I can't do maintenance work in my apartment parking lot, so oil changes are just a cost of living item for me, but didn't Jiffy Lube make its business by UNDERCUTTING the dealer service? Weird.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eight days and the package still has not arrived.

Callled LDcomfort and they agreed after a bit of LD (long distance) arm twisting to resend the shipment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah but you guys are forgetting that the storage fee is waived.
Just think, you could store all your stuff for just a one time shipping charge by sending it to yourself:joke:.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not long back FED EX came by while I was closed for lunch, which I do daily, had a package containing 10 AR15 rifles, left them on the back porch of my residence next door. I found them when I went home that night. I got lucky.:eek:4: Good service?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts