GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS WEB SITE? Did someone give a bunch of rug rats accecss to there computers and then say there you are have fun? GEEZ! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
Everyone here used to comment how great the GoldWing was, If they showed a picture of thier ride most people would make a comment how nice that persons bike was, alot of times even if it was not the best looking thing in regard to the color scheme design. And even if it was just a bone stock GoldWing, what was so nice about a stock GoldWing streight out of the box?
NOTHING! It was just a bone stock Goldwing that the person who owned it had not even put 2cents into it to improve in any way! BUT! fellow wingers said things like that to other wingers.
NOW! we are complaining because we did not get a cheap piece of junk $2.00 tool kit! that I bet no one hardly used any way!
(BY THE WAY I HAVE A TOOL KIT LIKE THAT IN MY GARAGE RIGHT THIS MOMENT THAT IS ONLY STILL THERE BECAUSE I AM TO LAZY TO THROW IN THE TRASH!
I will give it to anyone who wants it free!)
NOW we are making snide comments to other members that thier twotone paint trike looks like they ran out of paint!
It's getting to the point that we need a divided forum here, one for the pre 2012's and one for the post 2012's
People here are making comments that all Honda did was make a few nickle dime improvements to the stereo and GPS.
What about the suspension improvements? & improvements to feel and handling? I have not heard anyone with a 2012 complain about front end wobble yet, Mine has over 1800mi on her so far and there is not the slightest sign of a wobble NONE! It Rides smoother, corners smoother, stops smoother & shifts smoother, GEE. HONDA MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT!
Do I think they could have done better on the back end design? YES!
But the more I ride this bike the more I love the improvements they did do.
and the more I get used to the backend design.
And just wait till the aftermarket companys get going, there will be light changes, and all sorts of chrome for those who want it, and who knows what else!
So come on fellow wingers KISS AND MAKE UP:a13:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Chill, dude... sit and have a beer. Many of us here do like the new bike and would be glad to have one. No complaints from me...

You do have a few here who it doesn't take much to rattle their cages....

But, it's the same crowd that would had responded negatively had Honda put out a totally new GW that was exactly like the new BMW... imagine if the new BMW hadn't come out, but a new GW had, that was exactly like the BMW:

"Wow! an in-line six! Now that's innovation!"
"Damn.... an in-line six... that's stupid! What's Honda thinking????"

"Wow! Beautiful design... totally new!"
"Crap! Terrible design!... completely different? What's Honda thinking????"

"Wow! New bags... more room!"
"Sh$t! Those are bags??? What's Honda thinking????"

"Wow! Cool colors! Red or Silver!"
"F*ck! That's it???????? RED or SILVER? What's Honda thinking????"

If the 2012 GW WAS the same as the BMW 1600... you'd have people who hate it and people who loved it... such is life.

I like the bike fine.... if you don't, that's ok.... HD or BMW would love to talk to you.....

(So, some of you old dudes will have to tell me... when the GL 1800 came out, what did the owners of GL1500's think? Did EVERYONE like the new bike?) I doubt it...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS WEB SITE?
John I know exactly what ur talking about. Just have to remember that this is just an Internet site. Fun to read when bored and great info from it when you need it. I don't think even Wisconsin makes enough cheese to go along with all the wine(ing) around here at times, but hey they are just voicing their opinions.

I read this board way to much, but mainly because both my two jobs have a lot of down time so it gives me something to do. Still yet several times I have just stopped reading it when I have became bored with the same drivel from a certain few. Until it gets heated up. I have to admit I find it very entertaining at times.

No matter what kind of bantering goes on here if a rider ever needs help on the road or with a mechanical problem at home, all they have to do is post and people will go out of their way to try and assist. That's when the real nature of our fellow riders shine.:thumbup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think we might need a new forum called: "The Whiney Butt 2-Year Old Forum"? Then whenever a bunch of whining is found the thread can be moved there to associate with like-minded "Whiney Butts"! :shrug:

·
Registered
474 Posts
No matter what kind of bantering goes on here if a rider ever needs help on the road or with a mechanical problem at home, all they have to do is post and people will go out of their way to try and assist. That's when the real nature of our fellow riders shine.:thumbup:
I agree with the above and that is what makes this place so great.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
There are some on here that if you gave them a check for $1,000,000 thier first remark would be, "A Check? Now where in the world am I gonna get this cashed?";)

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I'm glad you like yours
A lot of the members were expecting major changes, ie a brand new Wing, with many new amenities added.
When this turned out not to be the case, many were so frustrated, the negative comments began immediately.
It seems we are learning the seat is more comfy, the ride is not as harsh, and the shifts seem smoother. We'll keep our eye on this as the 2012's get some mmiles on them.
However, as I stated in another post-buyers should be holding out for the same approx. $4,000 discount being given on new prior year models, as there is not any "big" appearance, nor motor changes and nothing spectacular added, just an (I'm sorry) ugly face lift that falls short of being good to look at. No need to repeat the dislikes of the paint or the rear end treatment.
Bikes should have been lowered in price since Honda doesn't have to pay those big wages, to American workers any more!
Those who buy the 2012-Have many, many (s)miles and enjoy your Wings. Don't pay one iota of attention to "us" Naysayers.
I'm on my last Wing! Even if I ever buy another new bike, it will not come from the land of the rising sun. Looks like Victory or HD next time, even though they have many, many imported parts in them, they are at least assembled here in USA(yes, I know about India) and the profit does remain here.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
But,,,,,,,,, I said in one of my posts,that I liked it!:cry:

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
I'm on my last Wing! Even if I ever buy another new bike, it will not come from the land of the rising sun. Looks like Victory or HD next time
So happy to hear this. Now if you add that you will be leaving the board to join a Victory or Harley board, you will make my dream come true.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chill, dude... sit and have a beer. Many of us here do like the new bike and would be glad to have one. No complaints from me...

You do have a few here who it doesn't take much to rattle their cages....

But, it's the same crowd that would had responded negatively had Honda put out a totally new GW that was exactly like the new BMW... imagine if the new BMW hadn't come out, but a new GW had, that was exactly like the BMW:

"Wow! an in-line six! Now that's innovation!"
"Damn.... an in-line six... that's stupid! What's Honda thinking????"

"Wow! Beautiful design... totally new!"
"Crap! Terrible design!... completely different? What's Honda thinking????"

"Wow! New bags... more room!"
"Sh$t! Those are bags??? What's Honda thinking????"

"Wow! Cool colors! Red or Silver!"
"F*ck! That's it???????? RED or SILVER? What's Honda thinking????"

If the 2012 GW WAS the same as the BMW 1600... you'd have people who hate it and people who loved it... such is life.

I like the bike fine.... if you don't, that's ok.... HD or BMW would love to talk to you.....

(So, some of you old dudes will have to tell me... when the GL 1800 came out, what did the owners of GL1500's think? Did EVERYONE like the new bike?) I doubt it...
I understand what you are saying, and you are right.
I was not on this web site when the first 1800 came out. Did this web site even exist then? I would love to what was said at the the time about the "All new redesigned wing" I can hear it now, that thing looks like a pregnant sport bike:22yikes:
And I will admit when I first wanted a bike again in 2004 I liked the 1500 better then the 1800 and that is exactly what I got. 2yrs later I switched to the 1800 and have had one ever since then.
But I still hate when people start making negative comments about the way someone has done a (in humble opinion) a very nice custom paint job to thier trike because the do not like the new wing.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I NEVER complain. Whenever MAMA lets me out of the doublewide i enjoy riding whatever bike is not broke down out in the shed,and going for an all day(or more) ride. Dont make no drethern what color or year it is. I don't even care if i have the tool kit THAT THE NEW 2012's DO NOT HAVE along on the bike with me! :roll:
Get out and see the US of A!

take care,
BC

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
opinions :shrug:

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
:D are we being 'entertained' yet? Good luck with your hopes and dreams of civility, dude. It's a rare and valuable commodity.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Some folks need to lighten up and respect the fact that we are entitled to dislike aspects of a new model. I do believe it is called freedom of opinion and speech and it, not a motorcycle model, should be respected. I suspect there are many of us who are quite happy with the model we have. If you don't like the fact that we don't care for the paint scheme or fugly butt on the new model, that is your problem, not ours!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think I feel better now !!!! Thanks goldwinger7 I needed that. :thumbup: (Wish I could afford a 2012 !!)

S

·
0 Posts
Hmmmm.....a post whining about whining....interesting.:shrug:
What kind of oil are you using? If you change to Mobil blue cap super slide the whining will go away and the bike will shift itself. I feel better already. :roll:

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
To an extent, I understand the blowup here by Goldwing07. I have at times become frustrated and emotional over posts that are made sometimes, and I'm sure I have caused some of the same for other people.

I have been on the GL1800riders board since nearly the beginning. This board is incredibly tame compared to those early days. It was actually quite vicious, and at times completely out of control. Since then, the moderators have struck a pretty good balance, even if I don't agree with it all the time. I do not get upset about negative opinions about products. My only pet peeves are rudeness, personal insults, and worthless political crap being posted. (as if they actually know anything about politics.)

To illustrate what members want, I used to be more active on the Riders Rally site, which was at one time nearly as popular as this board. I actually preferred that site more. But over time, the Riders Rally site was clamped down hard. Posting anything negative or getting involved in heated debates is heavily frowned upon. This is very much like you would like to see. As a result, it has become a ghost town over there the past 3-4 years. I like Don and Brian and the rest of the guys there. But it typically takes 3 days just to get one response to a post, because nearly everyone has left.

Life would be pretty boring, (and I certainly wouldn't visit this site very often), if everything around here was nothing but peaches and cream, with everyone politely saying nothing but good things about everything. As an 80's Valley Girl once said. "Gag me with a spoon! If that is what you are looking for, I'm afraid that sort of Utopian dream doesn't exist in the real world.

If you post a picture of your bike and ask what people think, are you just looking for pats on the back, or do you really want to know what people think? Do you just want people to patronize you and be polite? It is meaningless to expect only those with positive reactions to respond, and a sign of insecurity.

There are a few things I do not like about the 2012 Goldwing. There are also things that I do like. And I have voiced both of those opinions. I do find the Honda bashing over not getting a new design more than a little amusing, but it certainly doesn't upset me. I just understand the economics involved in Honda's decision. I was as surprised as anyone else. I just accepted it sooner than some others. If you think the reaction to the 2012 is bad, you should read the posts from the GL1500 boards back when the 2001 came out. When a new design does eventually come out, you better hold onto your hat. I don't care what Honda does. All hell is going to break loose. You can count on that.

Heck, we have people here who are still fuming over the frame and overheating issues, despite the fact that the rest of the world has moved on. I wouldn't be able to get through life if I held on to things like that.

A certain amount of politeness and respect should be expected on any board. There are good and bad ways to offer rebuttals to posts. It can take time to get with the flow and learn what is the right and wrong way to respond on a message board. With the number of members we have here, it is inevitable that there will be some posts made that are not so polite. It can be upsetting, but you have to let it bounce off you. If you feel you have to respond, the best way to diffuse a situation is to do it even keeled and with no outward emotion. Do it with some class and show the person that you are above their antics. Do not come down to their level. If they are smart, they will learn. It is rare that a negative comment bothers me. I actually get a chuckle out of many of them.

Someone once made a post with an opinion about some topic I don't remember, and he got extremely upset that I dared to post a counter opinion, even though it was as polite a response as it could possibly be. I don't think he was here very long. This was an extreme example of a person that could not handle any adversity whatsoever.

I do not shy away from making negative posts, but I try to be polite about it. When a topic discusses a Harley, BMW, Victory, a Goldwing, or whatever, I have no problem pointing out what I believe are negative aspects of the bike. If someone decides to take those comments out of context and take them personally, that is their problem, not mine. If I post something that is misinformed or wrong, someone will surely point it out, and the readers will decide whose comments are valid, and whose are not.

If you post an opinion, expect it to be challenged, and have the fortitude to roll with it. Again, the readers will decide whose stance was right and whose was wrong. That is the whole idea behind debating.

Have fun. Life is too short.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts