GL1800Riders Forums banner

Example Of A Good Dealer

935 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CAWing78 
#1 ·
I have been trying without any success for the last 4 months to correct a problem with HRCA over their mistake in my Membership Renewal with Roadside Assist. Others on this board have experienced the same problem. We paid our $39.95 to renew our membership with the Roadside Assist and they accepted our money only to find out at a later date that we didn't have the Roadside Assist. HRCA claims that the mistake is the result of a "computer glitch" and they're trying to find a way to correct it. Four months have gone by with numerous phone calls, being put on hold for long periods of time, and basically one excuse after the other. Bottom line....after all these calls HRCA still claims that they're trying to correct their computer glitch. Give Me A Break!

I was at my local dealer last week and was venting to Jeff the Sales Manager about my problem. He got all the info from me with my copy of my payment and started to make some phone calls. Within 30 minutes....Yes, I did say 30 minutes...Jeff had my problem resolved and HRCA has acknowledged that I have the Roadside Assist with my membership. While it is clear to me that HRCA could care less about my problem, that was not the attitude that Madera Honda put forth.

Hats off to Jeff, Bobby and the entire staff of friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable people. :thumbup: :bow:
If you're in need of quality service and fair prices stop in and see the folks at:
Madera Honda Suzuki
124 South E St.
Madera, CA
(559) 674-0041

See less See more
#4 ·
The new stand alone roadside service from Honda doesn't seem too bad (although I haven't used them) for $120 for 5 years. It does have a towing limit, though I think it's to the closed honda dealer capable of repairing your bike.

#9 ·
my new HRCA card says YES for roadside assistance and it expires 11/1/09 , if it didn't say YES i would not worry to much because the chances of needing a tow are very slim and if i did wind up needing a tow i'm sure HRCA would get it taken care of pretty quick
After I spent the $39.95 they sent me a card saying I had Roadside Assist. (Yes on the card). It wasn't until someone on this board posted that their was a problem with HRCA that I called them to check my status. My card said Yes, but their computer said No. Then 2 weeks after that I get a new card saying No for Roadside Assist. One month later I get another card saying No, but extending my membership for another year. Four months of HELL getting HRCA to correct their problem.....which my dealer had to intervene to get it corrected.
Good luck in getting them "to take care of it pretty quick". :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.